KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Rabbit Leader - we are still looking for Aussie distributor. Maybe some of your retailers will order it. I will ask Ed R. .... :-)

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎31 at 4:53 PM, Jan Polc said:

No, Mig-21MF is not RV.... 

Hi Jan,

Given the photographic evidence posted on this forum and elsewhere, will you please consider explaining your statement above more in detail for us?

Regards

Patrik

We´re happy to begin the Messerschmitt Bf 109 Single Type Group Build II in two weeks. We are glad to be sponsored by AZ Model / Kovozavody Prostevoj (I hope I got that KP name spelled out - it could also be the name of a Borussia Dortmund footballer :rofl: ). I´ll try to build five AZ 109:s for these guys here below, that I shamelessly use to deliver a message (once again). Best regards, V-P

Yaketiyak_zps1cwepjqv.jpg

• Like 3

On 4. 1. 2017 at 0:51 PM, Jan Polc said:

In January we will release naval version, we call it "Sea Baker".... :-)

kamo-MB-5-sea-baker-BM.jpg

I just picked this one up from one of the Brno shops yesterday and I have to say it looks like a lovely kit.

One small criticism, which may well have been pointed out by now, is that the Canadian national markings are a mix of Royal Canadian Navy and later Canadian Armed Forces insignia features.

The yellow ring on the fuselage roundel was only used until 1952. The style of leaf on the kit decals didn't come into use until 1968, when the three elements of the Canadian military were unified into a single Candian Armed Forces and the Canadian Navy lost their own air arm.

While the RCN had their own air component, they had their own specific style of roundels unique to them that set them apart from the RCAF style. This page will give you a good overview of the development of Canadian national insignia on aircraft, the RCN markings section is about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way down:

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/382/Roundel-Round-Up.aspx

That's not to be pedantic, I realise they are "What if" markings. but it's good to get things right for the period even if you are just imagining things. :-)

Edited by upnorth

Hi gentlemen,

I am sorry I was a little bit busy with Moson show.  So, let me answer to your question and points - 

Beard - our Fulmar is Vista reboxing. With add-ons - we will provide to you photo etches with fine details, in NF. II boxing also with radar antennae. Plus PUR wheels, as Fulmars had two of them. And, plus attractive camo schemes. All at modest price.

vppelt68 - nice to see group build is coming. Please try to contact me on Facebook chat (it is easy, I am on daily) and let us do some talks on how to make the competition, if for the best kits or for every kit completede etc. We will sponsor it as I promised.

upnorth - thank you for your explanation on Canadian roudels. I had no idea about it at the moment I decided to immortalise our nice friend John Thompson. Now I know, thank you for the link. And, let me apologise myself for mistakes I have done in this what-if scheme... :-)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

Beard - our Fulmar is Vista reboxing. With add-ons - we will provide to you photo etches with fine details, in NF. II boxing also with radar antennae. Plus PUR wheels, as Fulmars had two of them. And, plus attractive camo schemes. All at modest price.

Thank you Jan. One further question, will anything be done about the 'empty' wheelwells?

Beard - I can not answer right now, simply for the fact I do not know. I will ask person, who is working on add-ons. Remind me please, if there is no answer in a few days, I have one head only, you know... :-)

• Like 2

I am more interested to find out about the 109G12 and K4 ( the KP 262 seems to be death in the water as well )

Also will there be more 109 joy packs in the near future? I have 3 2/3 and would like to buy more. But please in the future put in 3 normal and 3 erla canopies and not 2 and 1. That was kind of a nasty surprise.

19 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

New kit of Curtiss P-36/H-75 photos in the link...

http://www.modelarovo.cz/curtiss-p-36h-75-1144-mark-i-se-predstavuje/

Ah well... I was expecting a 1/72,,,

BTW the Finnish national insignia blue is much too light.

Related to MIG-21BIS. I hope that you have taken into account not only the intake diameter but also the size and shape of the spine. It was not one of the RV's best works.

Greetings,

AaCee

24 minutes ago, AaCee26 said:

Ah well... I was expecting a 1/72,,,

BTW the Finnish national insignia blue is much too light.

Related to MIG-21BIS. I hope that you have taken into account not only the intake diameter but also the size and shape of the spine. It was not one of the RV's best works.

Greetings,

AaCee

Good morning

I do hope that the Curtiss H75 will be in 1/72 as announced earlier

mini_124219Azmodel2017.jpg

Patrice

• Like 1

Hi gentlemen, this small Curtiss was released just now by our friends from MARK I, sorry for the joke. We are working on our own, I have heard some rumours, that it can come in June. But do not take it as a promise, just idea.

MiG-21bis - I do not know, where is a problem with bis version by RV. And I even do not know what kind of treatment will the kit get through the process of production preparation. Sorry for that.

Beard - I did not talk with the guy who is working on, so sorry for silence about Fulmar, you were asking, but look, I still hold it in my head... :-)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

If I may ask which RV work could be considered as good at least? The guy behind that company made his own scale plans and then kits based on them. Accuracy was not his friend to say the least. Fw 190s were short in engine compartment length, Si 204 had strange clear nose cone with off-center framing, MiG-23 had little in common with real plane from the very first look at it, while MiG-21 had that funny shaped nose. I didn't see his Mirage kits so I cannot comment on them.

I understand that AZ/KP improved some of these shortcomings and modified the molds on some kits, but since I don't have them, I can't comment that either.

I am much more pleased with former Pavla molds taken by AZ which show marked improvements over the originals.

12 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

I'm very relieved to hear the H-75 will be proper-sized :D 

Cheers,

Stew

Good morning Jan

Good joke anyway ..

I agree with Stew and Max Headroom I am going to buy several boxes of this kit ...

Regards

Patrice

17 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Hi gentlemen, this small Curtiss was released just now by our friends from MARK I, sorry for the joke. We are working on our own, I have heard some rumours, that it can come in June. But do not take it as a promise, just idea.

MiG-21bis - I do not know, where is a problem with bis version by RV. And I even do not know what kind of treatment will the kit get through the process of production preparation. Sorry for that.

Hi Jan,

No problem with the joke. I just wasn't sure if Mark I was owned by same owners as KP/AZ/etc....

MiG-21MF vs. Bis biggest differences are slightly larger air intake due to more powerful engine, shorter air intake lip, different nose profile when compared to earlier big radar models and more fuel capacity in the larger spine fuel tank. It is taller, longer and wider.  In addition there were two different windscreen side windows, panel line differences etc.

Problem with the MF nose was corrected so I suppose same has been done for the Bis. The spine in the RV kit is too tall, wide and looking really strange, more like between Bis and SMT. I hope that this will be corrected by KP if it is not already taken care.

Cheers,

AaCee

14 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

I understand that AZ/KP improved some of these shortcomings and modified the molds on some kits, but since I don't have them, I can't comment that either.

Yes, since you do not have molds..... :-)