KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Dear Jan,

There's a big hoax in CR about the origin of the forthcoming KP 1/72 scale MiG-21 kit.

Could you confirm or deny whether it is or it isn't re-box of the older kit produced by another scale model company?

I think it would be nice to meet the facts as they are.

Thank you in advance for your reply

Shoki

Dear gentlemen, let me announce one news in our production plan for 2017. Thanks to the fact that company Sword released very nice kit of Ki-102 Randy, we decided to stop our work on this project. Our Ki-102 will be replaced by another project - leta Mosquitoes, among them NF. 30. Stay tuned, we will inform you.

dh-98-1-e1491397210363.jpg

Edited by Jan Polc
  • Like 7

Quick comment - that isn't an NF.30 but an NF.19.  Something that, if you aren't aware of now, you will be as soon as you start work on the subject.  It has the single-stage Merlins rather than the two-stage, and therefore lacks the intake under the nose directly behind the spinner.  The NF.30 also usually had a later design of exhaust flame cover.  From your comment, presumably you are working on both but this combination of photo and caption slipped your attention.

A Mosquito with good 2-stage engine representation will be very welcome indeed.    I anticipate that you will be submerged with requests for the late bombers, too.

• Like 1

jasper - I can not say nothing about Cessnas. We have masters ready for 180, work on boxarts did not start yet, the same for camo schemes. This project is autumn release, we will start on boxarts etc in August. Stay tuned. Sorry for not so much positive answer.

3 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

A Mosquito with good 2-stage engine representation will be very welcome indeed.    I anticipate that you will be submerged with requests for the late bombers, too.

Wot he said,

brilliant!

5 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

[...] leta Mosquitoes

Oh great... late Mosquitos... just what I need, AZ/ KP are obviously out to bankrupt me. Hopefully, I'll get to use my Blackbird Models twin-stage conversions before these are released.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Provided the engine length is correct, yes.  Pavla, CMK and even Hi-Tech got it wrong.  Airwaves were correct but geared to go with the Airfix kit.  Paragon* were right in length but the location of the pouring stub made them difficult to use without power tools.  

The Blackbird nacelles...  Sorry, but it has to be said that these are simply the original Paragon set added to a set of modified Tamiya nacelles and moulded.  Look closely and you can see the work - the dead giveaway is the square panel under the exhausts which shouldn't be there.  In addition, they retain Neil's pouring lug on the inside and, like Paragon, they are nigh impossible to use if you don't have power tools! I pointed this out when they were first announced and bought a set to see if I was correct.  Sadly, I was.

TBH, I'm in the same camp as Graham and wanting the late bomber/PR versions.  I'd be overjoyed with a B.35 with 105 Sqn markings and I've no doubt that there are those who'd be ecstatic with a TT.35.  Actually, you could also do a special "633 Sqn" boxing, which I'm sure would go down rather well.

*He did two sets - one to go with the Hasegawa tool in 2000, which were incorrect in having the square panel of the single stage, and a later set in 2008 to go with the Tamiya kit.  Both had pouring lugs right in the centre where the u/c legs went and were impossible to use if you didn't have power tools to remove said lug.

Edited by The Wooksta!
Joyless fascism!
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Wooksta! said:

The Blackbird nacelles...  Sorry, but it has to be said that these are simply the original Paragon set added to a set of modified Tamiya nacelles and moulded.  Look closely and you can see the work - the dead giveaway is the square panel under the exhausts which shouldn't be there.  In addition, they retain Neil's pouring lug on the inside and, like Paragon, they are nigh impossible to use if you don't have power tools! I pointed this out when they were first announced and bought a set to see if I was correct.  Sadly, I was.

Luckily, I only bought two sets and have power tools (and a mask).*

* Said with heavy irony.

I've also got a couple of Paragon sets & said power tools but it won't stop me buying one or more of these, ESPECIALLY if ihey come with 488 Sqn markings. :) I'd also buy  a B Mk 35 one too & a 633 Sqn one :)

Steve

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

I've yet to see them yet - actually, have they been released?  If they're as good as their Spitfire PRXI, I'd expect good things of them, but then again, that's what I thought about the CMR ones and they were complete cack.  Mind the decals were nice.

Edit:  I've got the Blackbird ones in me hand now for another look.  The exhausts and shrouds are direct lifts from the Paragon ones.  The starboard nacelle has a distinct "banana" shape about it.  Wasted opportunity all round.

Edited by The Wooksta!

I couldn't help thinking the Blackbird highball set was somewhat similar to the Paragon set too. You'd expect that to a degree but the way it is engineered had a bit of deja vu about it. Could be wrong of course. :unsure:

Steve.

6 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

:-D    I love you  Mr. Everyone, you made my day....

That's why I'm here - to bring joy into everybody else's lives. Now, enough evasion - what about those Lavochkins?!

Cheers;

Everyone...

• Like 1

Hi Jan,

If I recall correct KP is planning the whole MiG-21 line-up From F to UM. Would it include also Chinese versions? No-one has kitten in injection-mold of them and there there are plenty of users for them. Especially the cranked-wing J_7E would be very interesting: http://dictionnaire.sensagent.leparisien.fr/Shenyang F-7/en-en/

Greetings,

AaCee

MarcoZG - sorry, Prefect is not in the pipeline. Write me e-mail ([email protected]), I will look in the stock if we can complete one for you from spares and various bits... :-D

AaCee26 - telling truth, I am working on MF, R and MFN versions now, what I know we have bis and MS in the line, twoseaters later. I do not think we will go down to F, as there is nice Revell kit, so Chinese versions I do not expect in our line. But maybe I am not informed only... Should be checked morrow.

Edited by Jan Polc

Procopius - be so kind please as to send me e-mail to [email protected], include please your address and reminder that you want that film. We will send it in return.

BTW - we have hitparade of the requests, according the level of humour....., your "I lost" can not win. The winner is - "My dog have eaten my wing from the kit AZ......." :-)

• Like 5