KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

Gentlemen, let me stop discussion on Yaks, we do not have Yaks of any type in the plan.

Yeah, I was bitin' my tongue on that discussion... :lol:

John

Edited by John Thompson

Hello folks,

It may have been discussed before. If so I apologise.

I've just dragged a quite old RS Models Fairey Albacore (1/72), out of the stash.

I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one that is fond of this rather forgotten old bird. She took part in quite a few important campaigns and featured many liveries, possible decal options, variants.

Only one IM effort by MPM many years ago AFAIK.

FAA:

http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/aircraft/Albacore.htm

A new one would fit nicely in the Admiral range. Also, they would look lovely on our display shelves ;) 

ATB

TonyT

• Like 3

Hang on.

I forgot to mention the obvious.

Because the Frog kit has been reboxed so many times I think we forget: 

We need a new Blackburn Shark.

Really.

It is so very, very overlooked and overdue. Floats, no floats, camo, no camo, British, Portuguese, Canadian.

Seems an obvious seller to me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Shark

ATB

TonyT

Well, please, we can discuss everything. I just wanted to stop long discussion about Yaks as really, there is no chance to do it under KP/AZ label. Sorry for that. Potez 25 is a plane wanted to do, but according information we have there is another company which has Potez in the pipeline and we made agreement with them, that we cease this project. So stay tuned.

What is wrong with MPM/SH Albacore kit? I have it in my stash and it looks good to me....

• Like 2

Here's my take on it.....You guys actually appear to produce what you say you will.  :coolio:

That, believe it or not, counts for an awful lot, with an awful lot of us.....What Special Hobby claim they might make (at some point, eventually) on the other hand, is of little or no interest, and it certainly generates no revenue for AZ.

What's wrong with Yaks?

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

Well, please, we can discuss everything. I just wanted to stop long discussion about Yaks as really, there is no chance to do it under KP/AZ label. Sorry for that. Potez 25 is a plane wanted to do, but according information we have there is another company which has Potez in the pipeline and we made agreement with them, that we cease this project. So stay tuned.

What is wrong with MPM/SH Albacore kit? I have it in my stash and it looks good to me....

Its very OOP Jan. Really hard to get hold of. I can't tell you if it's a nice kit or not, because it would be easier to find Shergar. Why not 3D scan the one in your stash? I'll buy three :D !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shergar

A nice new Admiral boxing with lots of cool decal choices for the usual AZ price would be lovely.

The Blackburn Shark was effectively OOP around 40+ years ago. Possibly just as ripe for resurrection as a Westland Waipiti or Percival Proctor.

These have been steady sellers for half a century through very dodgy copies of old Frog moulds, yet require so much work to make ok.

A 21st century moulding would be a breath of welcome fresh air :) .

Dragon have spoiled it for us with De-Havilland Sea Venoms and Sea Vampires etc as you can see on BM, we're all driving ourselves mad super detailing Frog kits that are far better in profile than the Dragon nightmares.

I'm fairly sure we're resigned to the fact that's our only way. We can't all afford the lovely CMR resin :confused: .

Thanks for listening Jan. :thumbsup2: 

TonyT

• Like 2

Hmmm, Venom..... And what about Meteor Night Fighters?

Shark is a plane absolutely unknown to me. But as you stated - Wapiti and Proctor are in the list.

Whats wrong with Yaks? According to our information all Yaks produced by various companies were not good sellers. And at second - we have to finish lavochkins - La 5F, La 5, La 7, La 5UTI.... I think, that four Soviet types in the very close future is big enough... Maybe Brengun will follow as they did Yak 1. Or Valom. Ask them.

• Like 3

Telling true we just were looking if we can do MiG-27 converting our MiG-23. I am not "jet expert", but I will ask for the details. Mil Mi 14 for sure not.

• Like 1

I still say we need some accurate late Corsairs: F4U-5/5N/7 and AU-1. Also a Vought O2U Corsair: used by the US, Argentina, Brazil, China, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Peru, and Thailand. They also served in that little matter of King Kong climbing the Empire State Building.

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 1

Jan,

I'm currently assembling the Legato Hurricane IIc which has got me thinking about a IIa/b. Apologies if this question has been asked before (I bet it has and, probably, by me) but is there any chance of AZ doing one?

Also, when is you Spitfire Vc due to be released?

Thanks.

Hi Jan,

let me start by thanking you for listening to all our requests, from the obviously insane to the most repeated, we do appreciate it. Can I stick my oar in on behalf of the Blackburn Shark, plenty of alternate colour schemes and would sit nicely with your other inter war/early WW2 subjects, any further MiG 23/27 variants and early model Skyraiders, also the P-36, P-39, I know these two have already been mentioned but just wanted to amplify previous requests,

cheers,

spad.

Hi to all,

another variant of MiG-23 yes, BN is on the go. Blackburn Shark.... why not, but decision is not made now. P-36 is in the plan for 2017. P-39 is postponed - A) thanks to existence of RS model and B) we were cooperating with MPM on their three Academy reboxes.

Hot news - our Hampden is totally sold out today. Re-release in January in limited quantity, together with TB version.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2016 at 11:50 AM, Jan Polc said:

Now I like the sound of that hmmm. It's more of a 'this could be a worthwhile subject' sort of hmmm that a 'not really our thing' hmmm in my opinion.

And if they happen to be single seat...

7506860250_7c40f44cd1_k.jpgJ-1753 de Havilland Venom FB.1 by Martin Schofield, on Flickr

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:50 AM, Jan Polc said:

Shark is a plane absolutely unknown to me. But as you stated - Wapiti and Proctor are in the list.

Whats wrong with Yaks? According to our information all Yaks produced by various companies were not good sellers. And at second - we have to finish lavochkins - La 5F, La 5, La 7, La 5UTI.... I think, that four Soviet types in the very close future is big enough... Maybe Brengun will follow as they did Yak 1. Or Valom. Ask them.

A Meteor NF 13 would be very nice. The old Matchbox (now Xtrakit) Meteor NF was the 11, 12 and 14, so I can't remember a 13 (might have been one before I was born!) and it would save me (and other modellers) from trying to fathom out any external differences between the 11/12 and 13!

thanks

Mike

I'd also suggest a 48th DH Chipmunk. Not too large and I think it would sell in enough numbers to justify production, Mainly though I'd suggest carrying on as you are Jan, your attitude and willingness to engage with customers is marvellous. 

Your remark about Yaks got me thinking and you have a point, I like them but never see many at shows. Very strange.