KP/AZ central discussion, questions & answers

Jan Polc

Hi Jan,

In reference to the LVG C. VI kit with German markings, the Humbrol color call out for the purple that you use, 107, is as far as I can tell, no longer produced.  I checked my two main online hobby shops and a somewhat local hobby shop and they didn't even have a space for it.  I prefer to use enamel paint.  Any other suggestions for the purple to use?  I have it on backorder from Hannant's and am looking forward to it.

Later,

Dave

Hi to all.

All is packed, passport found, flying tickets in the bag, kits are on the way to Telford.

We are looking to meeting with you there. Our stand will be at GUIDELINES, we will be dressed in red shirts.

We will sell good selection of kits from our production, among them hot news to be sold for the first time - 

Martin Baker MB-5 prototype (preordered with free decal Boscombe Down)
Hampden Mk. I with revised clear parts
Messerschmitt Bf 109H-0
Messerschmitt Bf 109H-1 "Night fighter"
Messerschmitt Bf 109H-1/R6
Martin Baker MB-5 "Boscombe Down Special" decal sheet

and more kits...... Please note that the quantity is limited.

So, guys, see you all in Telford.

• Like 2

Gentlemen,

let me express our thanks for our very successful Telford show. It was really big pleasure to meet many of you personally, talk some words, answer various questions and shake hands. We enjoyed show very much.

I hope, that next year we will meet again. And, we started to think what nice British surprise to prepare for SMW 2017..... Any tips? :-)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jan Polc said:

I hope, that next year we will meet again. And, we started to think what nice British surprise to prepare for SMW 2017..... Any tips? :-)

A Spitfire XII. (I'll get my coat.)

• Like 2

Jan

Great to meet you in the flesh - and thank you for the wonderful MB-5 kits (I got two, plus those very nice decals).  Some of the other kits on display were also very tempting.  Two from our group (IPMS Ireland) bought the Hampden also.

Looking forward to making up one of the MB-5's myself, for next year's show, in the "raspberry ripple" colours from the extra decal sheet.

Keep up the good work!

(I will be waiting with anticipation for the re-issue of the Spitfire TR-9 in Irish Air Corps markings in the Spring...)

Philip

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

And, we started to think what nice British surprise to prepare for SMW 2017..... Any tips? :-)

Venom is long overdue. I think it should sell well provided there is zero competition. Or maybe something from pre-WWII zone - Dragon Rapide? Or Gloster Whittle jet? 

• Like 1

Then that would lead me to suggest the F4U-5, -5N, -7, and AU-1. Italeri completely messed up the differences between these variants and their kits are lacking in other ways. I believe the Hasegawa 1/48 late Corsairs are accurate, but the HobbyBoss ones are just horrible.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL WHO PREORDERED MB-5 - dear friends, thanks to really bulk orders of MB-5 we ran out of plastic parts in one week. Our moulder are now working on the new batch. We will start to distribute your preordered kits at the end of next week. We are very sorry for the delay.

• Like 3

On 27/10/2016 at 10:05, Jan Polc said:

P-36 lost its priority No. 1, as we changed the list - but it is a project for the next year, first half. Not earlier than in April/May.

Good afternoon Jan

Very good news for the Thunderbolt , very bad news regarding the P36 / H75 however I do hope that we will see it in April /May 2017...

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

If I could place a "Christmas Wishlist" here, it would include ....

- a series of new Yakolev Yak-7/Yak-9 aircraft in various versions

- and (finally!) a Bf-109 G-10 Erla and Bf-109 K-4

Sometimes wishes come true.

Hope dies last.

Looking forward to visit you at Plastic Winter @ Bratislava tomorrow.

Kind regards from Vienna!

Roman

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

If I could place a "Christmas Wishlist" here, it would include ....

- a series of new Yakolev Yak-7/Yak-9 aircraft in various versions

Is there anything wrong with the Valom Yaks? I don't think we can get better molds from AZ as they already said that soviet stuff doesn't sell enough to justify the investment. May be Zvezda, or ICM, one day...

Carlos

1 hour ago, CarLos said:

Is there anything wrong with the Valom Yaks? I don't think we can get better molds from AZ as they already said that soviet stuff doesn't sell enough to justify the investment. May be Zvezda, or ICM, one day...

Carlos

The Valom Yaks are okay-ish, appartently an updated copy of the old Dakoplast kit - at least it seems so by looking at the sprues.

(Look at these reviews to compare: http://lietadielka.blogspot.co.at/search/label/Yak-7  http://lietadielka.blogspot.co.at/search/label/Yak-9)

Valom only does Yak-7 and Yak-9 Early version as far as I know.

There's many more Yak-9 (U, P, D) versions currently not available.

And the Valom kit is neither cheap nor easy to find.

I was hoping KP could do a Yak-Series, just like they did the La-5 series.

One is allowed to dream .... right?

Edited by Roman Schilhart
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

One is allowed to dream .... right?

Of course! 

However, if you want well reseached and accurate state of the art Yaks (as I do) - and this involves not only choosing the right set of drawings but also comparing with preserved examples - then it's better to hope for a Russian or Ucranian company to issue it. They will have a much wider internal market to support the enterprise. With AZ you probably would have a re-ediction of the Valom kit.

This is nothing against AZ, of course. I wish they make all the money tooling mainstream subjects to support the Zlins, Letovs and other interesting Czech subjects.

2 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Graham, I know this kit.

Have tried it once.

Wouldn't touch it again!

Which gave me a good excuse to go look at at again.  Like most of my kits, it exists in a part-finished state for years until chosen for completion.  I did discover that I have done very little on it - partly because of a near- assembled Highplanes 9P and partly because the AModel Yak 1 was slightly higher in the stash list.   As all three live in the AModel 9U box, priorities would be to move the High Planes 9P out of the box and on to completion, and only then work on the other two in parallel.  (Unless of course I decided to do something different...)  The Yak 1 has had significant work done, and looks perfectly acceptable.  I've just put the fuselage and wings together (dry-fitted) and the fit is fine.  The Yak 1 is issue 7280, the 9U is 7289: they look to be very similar in quality (unsurprisingly).

I have had trouble with older AModel kits, which were only for the dedicated, but the ones around these issues appear to be much better.  I have no hesitation in recommending them to any modeller with reasonable experience.  However we do lack a 9D/M/DD/K or T, and obviously a new AZ one would be even better.

• Like 2