Revell 1/72 F-16 kit differences

Been perusing the Revell (Germany) 1/72 F-16A's; any major difference (kitwise) between their standard F-16A release and the MLU release?

Or, more to the point, can I build a standard "A" from the MLU kit without breaking my brain? I *think* I"m wanting Block 15 or thereabouts (Vermont ANG, mid 80's).

Yes, you can - all current issues of the MLU kit (as well as the F-16C boxing) should have the original aft island fairing without the parabrake / ECM extension for the F-16A tail, as well as the smooth panel forward of the canopy without the RWR chicken slicers.

Most should have the pre-Block 15 small horizontal stabs as well.

HTH!,

Andre

Hi, Andrew and Hook,

In my reckoning, all "A" share the same plastic, therefore all the parts for the early "A"s are present. The C, however (though produces a good MLU, even with armament) lacks both the small stabs and the non-extended A tail (strange). Even the B would produce an early A, provided you get a replacement canopy (Rob Taurus works fine)

Fernando

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Hi, Andrew and Hook,

In my reckoning, all "A" share the same plastic, therefore all the parts for the early "A"s are present. The C, however (though produces a good MLU, even with armament) lacks both the small stabs and the non-extended A tail (strange). Even the B would produce an early A, provided you get a replacement canopy (Rob Taurus works fine)

Fernando

The very first issues of the MLU did not feature parts like the twopart non-extended aft tail base, smooth upper forward nose without RWR and small stabs. AFAIK all my F-16C boxings have all the A parts, including the nonextended A tail base.

Cheers,

Andre

Hi, Hook,

I am building one just now (a "2003 Tiger Meet" boxing) and, weirdly, the "short" A tail is not included (the sprue gates are cut off). Neither the small tabs. Not just blacked off in the instructions as "not for use" (as the rest of the "A" tail) but simply absent.

Fernando