Sea Lynx - Royal Danish Airforce (1/32 Revell)

Hi Kent, 

That's a great build! Actually, i'm planning to do a Danish version too, but can't find either the right blue paint or any decals in 1/32nd - welcome your advice!.

Take care, 

Matt  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_L said:

Hi Kent, 

That's a great build! Actually, i'm planning to do a Danish version too, but can't find either the right blue paint or any decals in 1/32nd - welcome your advice! 

Take care, 

Matt  

Hi Matt. I did some experimenting with the blue color before ending up using Mr. Paint's Oxford Blue, with a final coat of gloss laquer.

The decals are 'homebrew'  made from photos of the real danish Lynx. You can buy danish cocarde and split flags decals.

Homemade decals are not as easy to work with and not as forgiving as normal decals. To use decal paper involves some tweaking. They have been printet on white decal paper with a dark blue background. This means they have to be cut very close to the edge of the image and you will have to use the blue fuselage paint and a paintbrush to make it all come together...

Lynx%20decals_zps7edzfbey.jpg

Edited by kkarlsen
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 8:34 PM, Avereda said:

Blimey that's good. Don't normally give anything much after WWII a second glance but that stopped me dead in my tracks.

Thank you! 100% agree with you on the subject. But as mentioned above, I got the chance to go visit the base were they are being maintained. This was a completely new experience to me, to do a subject that is still in service. Having photos to work from, of everything, and being able to get answers to all questions regarding details etc. .. And I've since convinced myself... she's just a large propeller! :)

Edited by kkarlsen