KUTA IX GB Chat

FortyEighter

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Is it less than 25% complete? 

It was almost complete, and is still 50-70% complete so wouldn't be a candidate for the Wessex GB. I do have some other Wessex in the stash. At least one Italeri and a couple of the dinky Mark 1 small scale ones, so it could be a possibility that I could join in. There may be a Matchbox one lurking somewhere. 

Well,I'll be along in a while with either Monograms Mitchell which has sat unloved for a few month's now or Revell's 1/32 Me109G which last

saw daylight last year with only the cockpit painted and a few sub-assemblies built,the Mitchell is almost there anyway.

DSCN1372_zps2jxt8awy.jpg

• Like 3

I have putted a Fw-190 D11 (1/32 Hasegawa) in and maybee later (after Telford) I will put a Mustang III (1/32 Trumpeter)  in as well. these two needs to get of the shelf of doom.

I have got more on the shelf of doom, but I don't manage to do more.

Cheers, 

Edited by Arniec

This may be the proverbial KUTA that I need to finish quite a few of the kits I have started:

Trumpeter Wellington*
Revell 1/32 mosquito
Zvezda Blackjack

Should be all go from this weekend though, and apart from having a small op which will put my left wrist out of action for 2 weeks I'll be aiming to get at least two finished!

*comission build.

Remembered why I haven't touched the tiffie, so awful in places I know I won't be happy with the result at all...host(s) i know the spirit is to save such wrecks but I don't feel I have the heart to do it, but still want to finish a eurofighter in the scheme, would It be amiss for me to start with a blank canvas? or should I delete my thread and start again in the orginal WIP section thread? 

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Deleting a thread is much less pleasurable than editing it so much that nobody ever remembers what the original was written about. Been there, done that! V-P

very true, and I'd forgotten my phantom would takeover once I acquire some new paint,  so no need for thread deletion unless that is also beyond saving which it shouldn't be....

• Like 1

Aaagh! i have a Heller AWACS  - a giant frisby on top of a boeing e3.  started 1987 but i could never get the grey i wanted. no excuses. i have the parts, I still have the decals. its time...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh. Ive only just seen this.

Have I got it right in that anything goes, in any state so long as it was covered in another thread from the start of the stalled build? Apols if thats a dumb question.

Got a bit on my plate right now, but this would be a good distraction and worthwhile too.

Assuming Im correct on the requirements, I have choices.... KH RAF Jag (almost ready for paint), Airfix Omani Jag (not too far off painting), RN Phantom (painted, part weathered) or that bloody Su-25 (bane of my life for the last year or so but painted and around 85% complete).

First one of those named gets the treatment!

Forgot to add what I have, threadwise - are these ok?

Both Jags in here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973686-raf-jet-fest-part-2-phantom-done-jaguar-funpain-next/&page=14

Naughty RN Phantom in here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234997835-rn-phantom-a-wrong-un/&page=6

And that damn Frogfoot:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235000680-148-eduard-su-25-some-goodies/&page=8

Edited by RMP2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Oh. Ive only just seen this.

Have I got it right in that anything goes, in any state so long as it was covered in another thread from the start of the stalled build? 

If it is part built and has languished untouched for a while, it is eligible.  It doesn't have to have been covered in another thread.  We currently have one project which was started thirty years ago - long before the start of Britmodeller. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

If it is part built and has languished untouched for a while, it is eligible.  It doesn't have to have been covered in another thread.  We currently have one project which was started thirty years ago - long before the start of Britmodeller. 

Oh bugger. In that case I have no excuse at all! :)

Cheers, think Ill start with the Phantom as thats the closest to being done and work back from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Plans to move the Azur Loire 130 across from the MTO GB have stalled as there are internal parts missing, I know they are about somewhere so need to find them. An email to the manufacturer confirmed my worst fears not been made for 8 years and moulds sold off to someone else.

Therefore the plan is to enter my long stalled Airfix Boeing 314 Clipper, which I will be doing as Winston Churchill's Clipper called "Berwick" see article below 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170684/Winston-Churchill-tailed-Luftwaffe-daring-flight-war.html

Now I just need to find an ancient conversion chart from Airfix enamel paints into humbrol ones, and there's a real danger this might actually get finished !  :cheers:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

On 12/8/2016 at 5:40 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

Surely also long before the start of the internet? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Please count me in...having missed the deadline with my "Hail Mary pass" entry in the P-51 STGB (admittedly, I figured that finishing one kit, much less four, in under two weeks was a bit ambitious for me), I've dug an old Hasegawa 1:72 Hurricane IIb "Red Star" kit out of my stash that I don't think has been worked on in a decade (or at least the better part of one)...prime KUTA material. The tropical filter is missing, which could make life interesting...may have to fit an Airfix, Hobby Boss or Revell replacement if it's not in one of my other Hasegawa Hurri boxes.

Also making life interesting...the instructions are missing. May have to go from a Mk. I kit or google for a scan.

Current plan is to finish it as BD930, FG-(Sigma) of 335 (Greek) Squadron at El Alamein, November, 1942, using the Sky Models decal sheet.

Edited by Sabre_days