KUTA IX GB Chat

FortyEighter

This is the thread for the ninth annual KUTA build.  No need to sign up.  Every! Single! Britmodeller! has a Shelf Of Shame, so everyone is automatically signed up to the GB. :wicked:   However, if anyone wants to display their SOSs and discuss what their KUTA builds are likely to be, this would be the place to do it.

The GB starts on Saturday 29th October and will run through to Sunday 29th January 2017.  That's three months to make that shelf a lot less shameful.

The honour of presiding over this shot at redemption always goes to the Group Build moderator.  er...   that's me.  I'm uniquely qualified to host this GB because my own shelf is incredibly shameful! :blush:

So, you have two weeks to gird your loins.   

• Like 5

Now that we can declare our hand.......

I'm thinking of finishing an FGR mk2 (56 or 23 Sqd) or perhaps an F16 or two (have an Eduard Nato Falcons to do as "Diana", or a Hasegawa F16B as the RNLAF Orange Jumper or another Hasegawa F16A in aggressor colours.  All are basically built and primed, so it's mainly about final painting.

First though, I need to finish my A380 for the Airliner GB.

Regards

Mike

• Like 2

I have got a Fw-190 D11 to finish in this GB.

I know the Fw-190 GB finishes today, but I knew I couldn't finish it on time.:fraidnot:

If I don't finish it here it fill go back onto the shelf of doom.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Think I'll try and complete my S-61N from last years KUTA (and the seaking GB prior to that).  And also, more than likely a Sud Ouest Djinn and the base that I'm currently building for the vignette GB as I don't think I'll complete that in time.  Oh and there's also the civvie chinook I started, the Westland Sioux, the gendarmerie EC-145, Bell 204, Bell 205, a cuthbertson Land Rover, BO-105.............zzzzzzzzzz

• Like 3

Let me count the ways...

First up may be my Danish F-16 from the Cold War GB. And possibly the Dutch one that I was doing at the same time, even though it wasn't part of the GB.

Also, there's a Revell BAe146 on my bench that I started over 15 years ago and have been pottering with the last few months that I should probably get some undercart on and start on short finals.

And and and. But those 3 might do for now.

• Like 1

Currently away from home, but will post a photo of the shelf of doom and some boxes of doom I got from another modellers years ago.

I will need to put a warning on the thread as viewing the images are highly likely to cause offence / distress !

I think my poor old Airfix Sunderland has been on the shelf of doom the longest so that should be the candidate for rescue before it becomes fossilised  :sorry:

cheers Pat

• Like 4

Outing my 'Drawer of Doom' and 'Little Lost Bags' will be cathartic.

As with Pat's, suitable warnings will be posted for those of a fragile disposition :door: 

Fantastic idea.

I need a KUTA decade, but this is a good start :) 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 3

I'm in, immensely enjoyed the one I finished during the build last year, this time I don't have anything similar on the shelf of doom, but I do have my academy phantom that I've stripped where I didn't like the gull grey paint, so  I think that will be the project to redo

50 minutes ago, alancmlaird said:

Is there a statute of limitations? I'm considering one I started 30 years ago! 

No statute of limitations.  A build started 30 years ago is the very essence of this GB!

• Like 1

On 16/10/2016 at 4:11 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

This is the thread for the ninth annual KUTA build.  No need to sign up.  Every! Single! Britmodeller! has a Shelf Of Shame, so everyone is automatically signed up to the GB. :wicked:   However, if anyone wants to display their SOSs and discuss what their KUTA builds are likely to be, this would be the place to do it.

Good idea to display my 'shelf of shame', even I might be ashamed ;)

Love KUTA, the only GB of the year where I actually complete anything!

Michael

I don't have a "Shelf of Shame", per se, I have various Boxes and Drawers and Plastic Storage Containers of Shame, plus a generous sprinkling of so-called "in progress" builds on the workbench which are not really showing any kind of visible progress, they're dead-ended due to distraction by other, soon also to be abandoned projects. So, yes, I need a good KUTA. How to decide where to start? Put all the kit names in a hat and start drawing them out? Hmmm...:hmmm:

John

Edited by John Thompson
  • Like 3

I would respectfully hereby confess to a parade of shame . I shall cast light upon those long neglected. But which will be first  probably the the Mk 1 Hurricane 

Martin H

• Like 1

What didn't I finish in last year's KUTA. Ah yes, the Skeeter, the Gannet AEW and the Wessex HU5, all that were supposed to be done by the build. The Skeeter and the Gannet are certainly do'able but the Wessex is further back due to my fight with the paint and paint stripper. I also have a Roc but the glazing frightens me. And there are the two Vampire T20 Admiral Barges nearly done as well. Too many planes not finished too much to do for the KUTA.

18 minutes ago, Pin said:

This rule does not apply to KUTA ;)

It doesn't apply to KUTA... but if it is less than 25% complete, it could be eligible for the Wessex STGB which starts on 5th November. :smartass: 

• Like 1