1/72 - Westland Lynx AH.1 & AH.7 resin conversion sets for Airfix kit by Air Graphics - release February 2017

Homebee

Early 2017 Air-Graphics is to release resin conversion sets for the Airfix 1/72nd Westland Lynx kit (ref.03025)

1:72 Westland Army Lynx (Airfix 03025)

Sources:

https://www.facebook.com/airgraphicmodels/photos/?tab=album&album_id=880681465399057

http://www.72news.eu/2016/10/air-graphics-army-air-corp-westland.html

- ref. AIRC72-01 Westland Lynx AH.7 (Interim) Conversion set to convert the Airfix Lynx AH.I into the Gulf War version

Lynx%2BAH.1.jpg

- ref. AIRC72-02 Westland Lynx AH.7 (Late) Conversion set to convert the Airfix Lynx AH.I into the fully updated version as used in Afghanistan

Lynx%2BAH.7.jpg

About the Decals 
The first sheet AIR-72001 will feature aircraft from during Enduring Freedom and will include the following:

• French Army EC665 Tiger
  • Spanish Army EC665 Tiger 
  • Spanish Air Force AS332 Super Puma
  • French Air Force Mirage 2000D
  • USN F-14 Tomcat
  • RAF Tornado GR.4 x 2
  • Army Air Corp Lynx AH.7 x 2
  • German Air Force Tornado IDS/ECR x 2
  • Italian Air Force Tornado IDS
  • USAF A-10
  • USAF F-16
  • Canadian Air Force CH-47D Chinook x 3
  •  
Resin accessories sets will also be available shortly including:

• CH-47D Chinook Sand Filters
  • French Army EC665 Tiger ‘Afghanistan’ update set
  • RAF Tornado Hindenburg fuel tanks
  • RAF Tornado GR4 update set
  • RAF Chinook upgrade set
  • Lynx AH.1/7 Interior update

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'd almost been lured by the Plastyk version to get an AH7- excellent news! Now, if only someone would do an AH9 or Wildcat...

Edit: I see from Air-Graphics' Facebook that they're looking at an AH-9 for 2018.

Edited by Ragtag

You would have thought it would be easier to produce the Army mods for the HobbyBoss Lynx as the kit breakdown is more suitable and the kit is more readily available !.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geoff_B said:

You would have thought it would be easier to produce the Army mods for the HobbyBoss Lynx as the kit breakdown is more suitable and the kit is more readily available !.

You would need new windscreen  and fuselage to correct the shape errors on the Hobbyboss not to mention new rotor pylon to get it down to the right height. The Airfix shape is a lot more accurate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Very interesting news !

Contrary to Ragtag, I did get lured into buying the Plastyk kit, from which really I only wanted to use the AH.7 specific parts (the rest can go in the bin..). Now I'll wait and see what this conversion is like.

Regarding the choice of base kit, the Airfix kit is indeed more accurate than the HB one, however it still requires some work. And the "Army Lynx" box is not really generally available today. I'm glad I bought 3, was thinking of selling two but now I may hold on to them

12 hours ago, Edge said:

Looks reminiscent of the old Model Alliiance packaging.

Very much looking forward to these!

This is probably because this company is run by the person who did run Model Alliance.

42 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Very interesting news !

Contrary to Ragtag, I did get lured into buying the Plastyk kit, from which really I only wanted to use the AH.7 specific parts (the rest can go in the bin..). Now I'll wait and see what this conversion is like.

Regarding the choice of base kit, the Airfix kit is indeed more accurate than the HB one, however it still requires some work. And the "Army Lynx" box is not really generally available today. I'm glad I bought 3, was thinking of selling two but now I may hold on to them

In the end I caved when I found one of the Plastyk kits for £3. Still not convinced it was worth it though :lol:

• Like 2