Trumpeter 1/16th JagdTiger

Hi Dan, I have never yet done an ambush camo. This would seem to be a good starting point ;)

There are some minor niggles about it but nothing that can't be bought at DP's AFV site, still have some stuff left over from the IV too.

Looking forward to this build but still some unfinished builds to take care of first.

Cheers,

Julian

• Like 1

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the scans, confirms a lot of info that I was looking for: Gun Breech and recoil mechanism.

The Jagdtiger looks good. Although removing the top of the hull after build, could be interesting? Guess the gun could be removed and so could the rear Gun mount/mechanism. Detachable barrel etc.

The recoil mechanism could be easily improved to make it similar to the KT. The rest of the detail looks nice, particular the removable roof and hatches.

Looks like I've got to get one of these, as I enjoyed the KT so much. Looks like i'll have to wait for Santa's Xmas List.....Not a bad thing as i'm in the middle of a 1/200 Bismarck build!

Thanks Julian

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Silverstone 2 said:

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the scans, confirms a lot of info that I was looking for: Gun Breech and recoil mechanism.

The Jagdtiger looks good. Although removing the top of the hull after build, could be interesting? Guess the gun could be removed and so could the rear Gun mount/mechanism. Detachable barrel etc.

The recoil mechanism could be easily improved to make it similar to the KT. The rest of the detail looks nice, particular the removable roof and hatches.

Looks like I've got to get one of these, as I enjoyed the KT so much. Looks like i'll have to wait for Santa's Xmas List.....Not a bad thing as i'm in the middle of a 1/200 Bismarck build!

Thanks Julian

Your welcome.

The Bismarck is great, built that one a couple of years ago now.

cheers

That looks to be an impressive bit of kit Julian!

I have a question, which option are you going for?

Adding a penthouse?

Digging a cellar? Probably not a good idea, someone might seal the hatch when your below.

Move Mrs Gremlin out?

:evil_laugh:

Kev

• Like 3

Actually I was rather surprised at how easy it was get the JT past Mrs. Gremlin56, only cost me two nights in hotels, a two Michelin star restaurant 8 course meal with Champagne and an á la carte menu at the second hotel.

My bank account is still writhing in agony on the floor but hey, the JT is safely stowed in the stash.

Where to put it when its built is an different problem.............................................................................................

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Your welcome.

The Bismarck is great, built that one a couple of years ago now.

cheers

Yes totally agree with the Bismarck. It's an absolute delight to work on! I've only dry fitted some of the superstructures to get an idea of final shape and size.

Trumpeter's accuracy is pretty impressive when it comes to the actual fit. It's amazing how much model manufacturing has come along, considering only 15 years ago it was considered a dying hobby. Now we have single piece moulds 120cms long :-)

Just need to get a 1/200 Star Destroyer next:unsure:

Or perhaps just a 1/16 Jagdtiger to go with the KT.

IMG_7101_zps1qgbdg11.jpg

IMG_7102_zpsibyc3bld.jpg

IMG_7103_zpsqcett78r.jpg

Edited by Silverstone 2
  • Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:38 PM, Gremlin56 said:

Actually I was rather surprised at how easy it was get the JT past Mrs. Gremlin56, only cost me two nights in hotels, a two Michelin star restaurant 8 course meal with Champagne and an á la carte menu at the second hotel.

My bank account is still writhing in agony on the floor but hey, the JT is safely stowed in the stash.

Where to put it when its built is an different problem.............................................................................................

Sorry missed your reply

Pmsl.................

:lol:

Kev

• Like 1

10 hours ago, longshanks said:

Sorry missed your reply

Pmsl.................

:lol:

Kev

Glad to hear you enjoyed the tale :rolleyes:

This isn't a good yarn, this is the way I played it, rather proud of myself actually :goodjob:

• Like 1

Speaking of smuggling, that is what I did with my Jagdtiger. It's currently hiding in the loft with two 1/16 Tiger 1's.

I'm currently working on the Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger so won't get to the JT for some time. It does look like a fantastic kit though.

Does anyone know of any build threads that have been started? (An excuse for some vicarious kit building)

Paul

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome looking kit !

I was seriously tempted by one of these but I still get moaned at for the Trumpy KT and PZ.IV I have that are " always in the way" :D

The texturing possibilities on this baby are very :Tasty: 

• Like 1

Heavy Metal reference material:

DSCN4272.jpg

DSCN4273.jpg

Mixed feelings here, lots of material, all B & W though. Good start as a reference for the build though...........................................

The JT's in photos are unsurprisingly not rusty, chipped or weathered to death. They are amazingly grungy, oily and dirty though, even the snaps in the factory.

Jagdtigers were not around for long, only really the last 6 months of the war if I remember correctly? I think there was only about 50 or so numbers in active service. Maybe not enough time to rust:-)

amazing machines though with the 128mm gun. I read some where, that an allied tank was destroyed by a Jagdtiger even when sheltered behind a building. The 128mm shell from the JT, passed through the building and knocked out the allied tank.

Pretty impressive ballistics, even by today's standards!

looking forward to seeing someone's start on a build. I will have to wait till Dec 25th for my one...

phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is an awesome build gremlin56!!! Now I have to get myself this kit! I've have the King Tiger 1/16 Trumpeter arriving tomorrow!

Your building and weathering skills are an inspiration gremlin56! 

Alaska