Trumpeter 1/16th JagdTiger

12 hours ago, Matt182 said:

Good stuff, will you be showing the build on the forum? Oh yeah, did you finish the panzer IV? Not sure if I missed the RFI

Good morning Matt,

When I get around to building the JT I will almost certainly do a blog.

The PzKpfw IV is very nearly finished, hasn't been RFI'ed yet.(I got side tracked by the Land Wasser Schlepper build which led to the Italeri 1/35th 80' Elco).

Juggling too many builds at the moment ;)

5 hours ago, Silverstone 2 said:

Wow,

Very interested in what you will get in the box. Any chance of seeing any inbox photos when you get the Jagdtiger?

Phil

Hi Phil, had been hoping to do that today but the JT didn't arrive yesterday as I had hoped. As soon as it's arrived I'll be popping up some pics and doing some comparisons with the 1/16 T- 34 and the 1/16 PzKpfw IV.

Cheers,

Julian

Can't wait to see what this kit looks like and I would appreciate your observations given you have the kit in your hands. I am seriously tempted to get one of these to go with my Tamiya 1/16 Tiger 1 (static).

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Gary

p.s What is the kit retailing at inc. P&P?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, redcap said:

Can't wait to see what this kit looks like and I would appreciate your observations given you have the kit in your hands. I am seriously tempted to get one of these to go with my Tamiya 1/16 Tiger 1 (static).

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Gary

p.s What is the kit retailing at inc. P&P?

Hi Gary,

this is where I ordered my example of the JT:

http://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/katalog/en/Special-Offers/SdKfz-186-Jagdtiger::12018.html

I paid 212 Euros for model and postage to Holland.

I am planning to post more photos and my impression here this weekend, real life is very busy at the moment. My impression is also most certainly different to the experten who will undoubtedly find some faults and then call it a pile of :poop: (they have to, they write books telling us how to build these big models properly that we buy :P).

My first impression is based on comparing the JT with the 1/16th T-34 and 1/16th PzKpfw IV H, both completely built and both from Trumpeter. The JT beats all my expectations as far as detailing is concerned. It's a shame that most of the detailing of suspension, wiring etc. will disappear beneath the amazingly detailed ammunition storage. Trumpeter seems to have listened well to the remarks online about this subject. I would already consider it best of the three 1/16th Trumpie tanks I have bought so far but I can't say a single thing about the fit yet of course. The tracks now have steel pins to connect the link and the kit includes some of the finest molded parts I have ever seen. I am very impressed with what is offered OOTB here.

:)

• Like 5

Cheers for the insight into the kit, looking forward to seeing the build. I'm still holding fire on this until I see the parts that are common to the both the Jadgtiger and King Tiger. Trying to keep my rivet counter hat off but I would be disappointed if Trumpeter haven't updated any of those parts. Very curious to see the main gun and ammo, I bet that's going to look very impressive! Does the kit come with those vinyl hoses or have trumpeter seen sense and molded them in plastic?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Matt182 said:

Cheers for the insight into the kit, looking forward to seeing the build. I'm still holding fire on this until I see the parts that are common to the both the Jadgtiger and King Tiger. Trying to keep my rivet counter hat off but I would be disappointed if Trumpeter haven't updated any of those parts. Very curious to see the main gun and ammo, I bet that's going to look very impressive! Does the kit come with those vinyl hoses or have trumpeter seen sense and molded them in plastic?

Build won't be taking off right away but I'll pop up some pics from the instruction book this weekend so you can see if there are differences. The kit still has a bag of vinyl hose, saw in your build I will enjoy that choice ;)

19 hours ago, Mike said:

:Tasty: This is a rather tempting target... although I'd kind of like one that was mobile, if you know what I mean :)

Hi Michael, go on, you know you want one..................................:wicked::hmmm:

Cheers Julian.

Ah yes, those vinyl hoses.  The single pieces aren't too bad but they can be difficult to clean up. It's the 2 part hoses that may drive you insane! I'm sure they can be made to look decent but I found it easier to just replace them.

Ok, 14/10 update,

as promised here some scans of the instruction sheets. I am interested to hear from Matt how much he recognizes from his epic KT build.

I'll try and get some pics of the sprues posted tomorrow. I am very enthusiastic about what Trumpeter has offered here (and it wasn't a free-bee. bought with kind thanks to my bank account).

Scan1.jpg

Scan2.jpg

Scan3.jpg

Scan4.jpg

Scan5.jpg

Scan6.jpg

Scan7.jpg

Scan8.jpg

Scan9.jpg

Scan10.jpg

Scan11.jpg

Scan12.jpg

Scan13.jpg

Scan14.jpg

Scan15.jpg

Scan16.jpg

Scan17.jpg

All for now, more this weekend

P.s. all drawings copyright Trumpeter of China 2016.Hope they forgive me for posting these pictures. On the other hand maybe they should give me a freebee as thanks for letting people see how good this model looks :):thumbsup:

• Like 6

Thanks for posting up the instructions Julian. Looks like they have recycled the KT parts for most of the hull and engine bay. A little disappointing in my opinion, would of been nice if Trumpeter had given them an update.

Looks like the case mate, gun and ammunition are very nicely done though. Should build up very nicely :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Looks like the build only diverges from the KT around step 27.

Looks like they did stretch the lower hull though, this being a very hot point of contention when the JT was first announced. This would appear to be the 9 wheel Herschel version or am I spectacularly off course here?

I'll be posting some photos of the sprues today/Tomorrow before the JT disappears into the stash for the time being.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:10 PM, Gremlin56 said:

P.s. all drawings copyright Trumpeter of China 2016.Hope they forgive me for posting these pictures. On the other hand maybe they should give me a freebee as thanks for letting people see how good this model looks :):thumbsup:

Hi Gremlin... a kit way out of my purse-limit, but that's okay because I personally wouldn't want to pay for all the internal gubbins when it's going to be covered up. However, I CAN understand the attraction for those more capable than I. I will be following, in awe no doubt.

P.s. I find it more than slightly amusing  that you are worried about copyright laws when Chinese companies are the biggest 'ripper-offers' of copyrighted, patented and trademarked products in the entire world, and much of it state sanctioned.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Hi Badder,

It will be going into the stash until I finish the LWS and the Italeri PT boat. After that no holds barred ;)

It probably is more than amusing  that I put up the copyright note :hmmm::wicked: Better safe than sorry though................................

• Like 1

First of all I won't be putting up photo's of all sprues.the complete set of sprues can be seen here:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=2893&l=en

There are of course some things I found interesting :

Main body and barrel:

DSCN4155.jpg

DSCN4156.jpg

DSCN4165.jpg

DSCN4166.jpg

The "Saukopf" along with the canvas liner:

DSCN4162.jpg

DSCN4163.jpg

DSCN4164.jpg

The shells for the main gun ( shells are to be painted in Feldgrau according to the instructions, late war Parkerised shells :

DSCN4151.jpg

The Mg 42 + ammo belts and engine deck mount:

DSCN4152.jpg

DSCN4153.jpg

The photo etch, a more frugal set than on the PzKpfw IV:

DSCN4154.jpg

Tow wires:

DSCN4157.jpg

Hydraulic lines:

DSCN4158.jpg

The metal pins to link the tracks:

DSCN4159.jpg

Nice looking links:

DSCN4160.jpg

DSCN4161.jpg

A frugal decal sheet:

DSCN4167.jpg

4 different JT's can be modeled:

DSCN4170.jpg

DSCN4171.jpg

DSCN4172.jpg

DSCN4173.jpg

A rather bad drawing of the JT's innards, best I could find:

DSCN4174.jpg

DSCN4168.jpg

The JT goes into the stash now for the time being.

;)

• Like 6

On 15 October 2016 at 5:29 PM, Gremlin56 said:

Looks like the build only diverges from the KT around step 27.

Looks like they did stretch the lower hull though, this being a very hot point of contention when the JT was first announced. This would appear to be the 9 wheel Herschel version or am I spectacularly off course here?

I'll be posting some photos of the sprues today/Tomorrow before the JT disappears into the stash for the time being.

Yes I agree a few minor changes up to page 29.

After that all looks new for the JT.

the KT is an amazing kit. One of my favourite builds of all time. Looks like this JT will be too.

looks like I might have to get one!

• Like 1

Interested to see some details on the 128mm initial build sections on what looks to be pages 50-52. Also the top hatch sections on page 60 & 61.

any chances to see thes also?

great post on the inbox review!

much appreciated 

Phil 

IMG_7065_zpsrsan5kad.jpg

Edited by Silverstone 2
picture
  • Like 2