Smallest BEA/BOAC/BA airplane

23 hours ago, Paul J said:

Regarding those Tomahawks, I recall they had a few and reggies were G-DYOU, G-DTOO, G-DCAN and G-DFLY.    can you see what they did ?:)

Umm, YOU CAN FLY TOO CAN (Guangzhou Baiyun)

According to their fleet list, BA operate another Chipmunk, G-BXGL

De Havilland Canada DHC-1 Chipmunk T22, G-BXGL Lee on Solent Airfield 2015

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JosephLalor said:

Does your collection include a BOAC Viscount?  I didn't know about those until I came across a diecast (can't remember whether 1/500 or 1/400).  Apparently two were used as feeders to transatlantic services from Prestwick.

I believe the BOAC Viscount 700s were actually Cambrian aircraft operated in BOAC livery.  At least one of them, G-AMON, latterly had the BOAC titles replaced with British Airways which would make a nice "hybrid".

2 hours ago, Kevin Callahan said:

We need a decal sheet of airliner markings on light civil aircraft. Two-Six maybe? Or S&M? Some of the types haven't been kitted, but there are enough Chipmunks, Skyvans, T-41s to get a sheet out of. There was even a T-6 in (Western?) airliner markings. 

There were Harvards in Air France and Sabena schemes in 50's 60's. And possibly others. Plus Macchi MB326 in the early  Alitalia colours. Also Chipmunks in Lufthans too!!

On 10/12/2016 at 0:33 AM, Paul J said:

There were Harvards in Air France and Sabena schemes in 50's 60's. And possibly others. Plus Macchi MB326 in the early  Alitalia colours. Also Chipmunks in Lufthans too!!

Someone make it so (in 1:72) and I'll buy one at least! :wub:

Come to think of it, I recall other airlines with light aircraft. BCAL had a PA23 Aztec G-BBNN and PA 31 Navajo G-SCOT.  Somewhere I have either slides and b/w prints of these two taken at Gatwick in the 70's.

Martinair of Holland used Cessna 401 or similar too in full livery, Sabena with Cessna 310 was another.