As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Gmail Users

Dearest Gmail users.  This might be old news to you, but if you don't add an exception to your Gmail service's Spam service, our emails to you will end up lounging in your Spam folder, and you'll be thinking you haven't received them.  You have two options.  Check your Spam folder regularly, just in case, or add an exception for @britmodeller.com in your Spam rules.  To do that, you can read their How-To on Gmail's Help pages here.

If you're not on Gmail and you're also finding our emails in Spam, you can probably do something similar with your email service too :)

As a matter of very little interest to y'all, I'm currently discussing the situation with Google, and attempting to improve our standing with them so that we don't get Spam-binned by default.  It's a complicated process requiring some dickering about with the DNS records for the site, so it might take a wee while, and whether it'll be successful or not, I don't yet know.  If it stops people from being inconvenienced though, it'll be a good thing to do :)

So far Mike, I have had no problems, and I have been using Gmail since before I joined BM.

Simon.

But I will keep an eye open just in case.

If you've already marked us as not spam, it should be fine for you, so I wouldn't worry.  it's people that are either new, or haven't added an exception to their Spam filter that are most likely to be affected.  We've completed the feedback loop now between us & Google, so hopefully our reputation with them will start to improve over time.  Whether emails will automatically no-longer be considered spam, I don't know, but we shall see.  It was something that needed doing, and it eventually got done :)