Mark A "Whippet" - 1/35 by MENG Models

Some new project. The British Word War 1 tank Mark "A" Whippet in 1/35 by Meng Models.I have glued it together without any upgrade parts, only some rope on the exhausts.... glued all parts together before painting .... 

2tke73dn.jpg

ph57ssbx.jpg

First step - primer in black (Valleyo Black Primer) .... 

djwu7a44.jpg

xk3j5gso.jpg

Next I have painted in in a green color from Tamiya, then lightend up every plate at one corner ....  then painted every feeled 1000 bolt heads in a ligther green color again. After that I have masked it for painting the white/red stripes.
After that I have added some damages with a thin pencil and a sponge, dark grey. 
The exhaust was painted in rusty color, the guns in Tamiya Dark Metal. The tracks were also painted in Dark Metal, then added a washing in Rust color.

htxxqg4m.jpg

egcefq7b.jpg

zboe92mm.jpg

mi8jssgs.jpg

9cryjr58.jpg

247tvj3u.jpg

Added the tracks to the tanks, then giving the tank several washings in different yellow/brwon/blue/grey/beige/green oil colors before adding dust and dirt with pigments, leaking oil with Tamiya Smoke .... bare metal with a pencil.

rjh6hf9b.jpg

rfd72tct.jpg

pqyhb83o.jpg

98sfde7x.jpg

p45w3u76.jpg

hzj2opqu.jpg

eavfw6a7.jpg

glwoydtm.jpg

Cheers
Micha

• Like 13

Nice build.

Can I just ask what are the dimensions of the finished model? I'm looking for a load for an LNER Lowmac-L in "O" Gauge and fancy a small tank. The obvious candidate is the Vickers 6ton but there are no kits for such a thing. The Whippet might just fit as it is pretty small. British "O" Gauge is 1/43 (7mm to the foot) so 1/35 might be close enough to be visually acceptable it would depend if it would fit in the well of the wagon. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Great looking Whippet Michael. Really nice paint and weathering

On 09 October 2016 at 19:55, Rumblestripe said:

Can I just ask what are the dimensions of the finished model? I'm looking for a load for an LNER Lowmac-L in "O" Gauge and fancy a small tank. The obvious candidate is the Vickers 6ton but there are no kits for such a thing. The Whippet might just fit as it is pretty small. British "O" Gauge is 1/43 (7mm to the foot) so 1/35 might be close enough to be visually acceptable it would depend if it would fit in the well of the wagon. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Even a Vickers 6 ton may be a bit too large for O gauge, but Mirage do on that's not that expensive

• Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, Rumblestripe said:

Nice build.

If you're wanting a load for 7m scale I would have thought that an armour item in 1/48th would have been closer than 1/35th.

Lovely model by the way. Nice simple painting and weathering has given a very effective appearance.

John.