Hawker Hunter.......

I did actually start this one for a group build, unfortunately summer came along and ruined everything. Now I've found the work table again, she's making some

progress. This is where I left off:

2rnc4jl.jpg

The basic airframe was complete when I deserted her for beachfront bars and live music. However recently she has had a fight with some

grey, green, and silve paint:

rkan95.jpg

5mn989.jpg

She's also had two coats of varnish and the first decals have reared their heads, all the stencilling just about drove me insane.

148kiah.jpg

2mwic92.jpg

The plan is now to send to the Big H for some correct size resin wheels that will be used with the kit legs, I'm also searching for decal sheets

for the correct size fuselage and underwing serials so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for looking.....

• Like 2

Hi Dave

don't know if too late, but looks  like  you have used 'A' type  roundels,  50's/60's RAF roundels are 'D' type, larger centre spot

eg

177891905_70a029a33f.jpg

I know I have spare  Academy  decals, and maybe some aftermarket Hunter decals, i'd need to look,  what plane are you doing? 

An F.6 by the looks of it?

PM me  if you  want me  to  have a look. (assuming it's 1/48th..)

HTH

T

Thanks for the kind offer Troy but I'm OK for decals. Curiously, the roundels used were from the kit - may have to look at changing them. I want to

finish her as a work-a-day, 1 sqn Hunter but haven't pinned it down to any one machine yet.

Also, many thanks for the encouragement Celt, much appreciated.

Gotta love a hunter.  I built one as a kid. Started off as a black arrow, then got sanded back and turned into G-HUNT.  Took until a year or 2 back before I moved up to 1/48 & did a grey / green Wittering bird.  F6 would make a nice Wattisham bird.  I live just down the road from Wattisham so always keen to see any from there.

DSCF8848_zps2llavspe.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gents, I have a slight problem. Eejit that I am, I've "misplaced" the sheet that shows the scheme and decal placement. Could I beg of someone to photograph it

and send it to my e-mail please. If you have a copy please PM me.

Many, many thanks.....

• 1 month later...

A lax performance in both modelling and posting seems to be ending and I thought I might entertain you with progress on the world's slowest

Hunter build! Having just varnished the fuselage, this is where I'm at:

5vzwxz.jpg

This pic slows my faux pas with the underwing serials. I managed to correct most of it but must remember next time to do them before I fit

the undercart.

2dt0tit.jpg

Topside view showing all the bits and pieces that need to be fitted!2wg54ox.jpg

qsr1c9.jpg

And finally a couple of side views showing the identity of the beast. Time allowing i really am hoping to finish this side of Christmas despite

now having a third model on the bench (usually I only allow two).

Thanks for looking.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mackem01 said:

A lax performance in both modelling and posting seems to be ending and I thought I might entertain you with progress on the world's slowest

Hunter build!

Must be a 'Hunter' thing.

A friend gave me an Airfix Hunter for my 15th Birthday...

I started it in 2008 aged 30...

Finally finished it in 2015 :)

• 4 weeks later...

As mentioned elsewhere, the Hunter on short finals has made a little more progress. She's had a final varnish, been dirtied up a little bit, and I've added the whip antennae to get me this far:

43i20.jpg

2uo5taa.jpg

dfc1a1.jpg

And finally, a shot of a dirty bottom!

xbmoue.jpg

Just the white wingtips and canopy to go and I just might complete one.

Thanks for looking.....