"Last Stand", German Mortar Team

Hi all,

This is the Verlinden kit 1494 that I completed a little while ago and have only just recently photographed. An all resin kit that contains the pre-formed base, five figures and the mortar that is a very fiddly kit but is very detailed too. The dead soldier (RIP) is moulded into the base but the other 4 are all in bits and, this being a typical Verlinden kit, there are no instructions and very few pictures to work from so I had to spend time matching arms with heads with their body but this is an excellent kit. The base is rich in detail and I added a few extra details in the weapons lying around, the peeling wallpaper, propoganda poster, the wiring for the radio and some grass here and there growing through the rubble. A thoroughlly enjoyable build. Hope you like it, thanks for looking and comments always welcome.

Regards,

Lee

DSCN4649.jpg

DSCN4650.jpg

DSCN4651.jpg

DSCN4652.jpg

DSCN4654.jpg

DSCN4658.jpg

• Like 15

Great scene that. Well executed build and paintwork. Not sure about the thinking behind having a dead soldier in the scene, but then that's Verlinden's fault, not yours. Personally, I'd have covered him up with rubble. And to get one up on Darby, I've actually got one of those bricks that wall is made of.:D

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, tommyinuk0 said:

Another great dio Lee. Certainly war wasn't neat and tidy and troops lay unburned until after battles. You see them in pics and the movies so why not dio? 

Tommy

We aren't stupid. We all know that dead bodies, limbs, heads, intestines etc were left lying around. I was questioning the manufacturing company's decision to include a dead body. Matters of taste aside,(which might affect sales) it leaves the inexperienced modeller with no option but to include it. Maybe the experienced modeller likes the scene, but doesn't want the body, and therefore has to do extra work to cover it up/remove it. I am NOT questioning Lee's decision to include it, but as I said, I personally would have covered it up. And as an afterthought, I've seen scores of Francois Verlinden's dioramas and I don't ever recall having seen a dead body in any of them. I'm surprised this design, which carries his name, does.

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1