GWH 1/48 Mig-29 Fulcrum A

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi tex really like the paint , looking very good , like the panzer putty  too ,,you say fit is good to average, but whats the kit like for accuracy,the great wall f15 is supposed to be a very nice kit,probably the best f15 ,but i believe we only have academy in 1/48 in this scale for the 29 do you know if its better than that one,.? Cheers 

Glynn 

This kit is far superior to the Academy kit. Despite a few fit issues, this kit is easily the best Mig-29 available. I recommend this for intermediate to experienced modelers. As far as accuracy, I am not a Mig expert, but it sure looks like a Mig-29 to me.

• Like 2

Really nice progress on the MiG 29. I will stand corrected but I think GWH reworked the engine intakes areas where you have encountered problems on their later releases in the MiG 29 series (9-13 & SMT) and the fit is now markedly better.

Look forward to seeing some more progress as I have a 9-13 to eventually build myself and this has been an interesting article.

Gary

21 minutes ago, redcap said:

Really nice progress on the MiG 29. I will stand corrected but I think GWH reworked the engine intakes areas where you have encountered problems on their later releases in the MiG 29 series (9-13 & SMT) and the fit is now markedly better.

Gary

That would certainly explain why I had no big issues with the intakes on my 9-12 Early Type release! I did wonder why people were having problems with the fit.

Good to see some progress with this, looking good.

Murray

15 hours ago, Hewy said:

Hi tex really like the paint , looking very good , like the panzer putty  too ,,you say fit is good to average, but whats the kit like for accuracy,the great wall f15 is supposed to be a very nice kit,probably the best f15 ,but i believe we only have academy in 1/48 in this scale for the 29 do you know if its better than that one,.? Cheers 

Glynn 

The Academy MiG-29 is a totally different kit generation. With a lot of AM it builds into a nice kit though.....

What are some fit issues here would translate into major resin or PE integration work and its resulting fit issues there!!!!

By the way, excellent work Texan76a

• Like 1

Got the stencils on the pylons, missiles, and fuel tank. Unfortunately, there was a shortage of decals for the Archer missile pylons. GWH only printed enough for two. So I did two with decals on one side, and put the opposite side decals on the other two. Tomorrow I will start the task of the airframe stencils. 

IMG_0417_zpspyvdd8nz.jpg

• Like 5

Got the missiles on the pylons, landing gear attached, and panel line wash complete. After drying overnight, I will put on a matte coat in preparation for final weathering and assembly. Getting close to the end of the line.

IMG_0445_zpssqlsakvi.jpg

• Like 6