First ever AFV only STGB!

Sgt.Squarehead

Come on Sherman builders of Britmodeller, where are you.....The General needs you:  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006939-sherman-tank-stgb/

Is there honestly anyone reading the section of this site that doesn't have at least one Sherman in their stash?  :shrug:

If so, you should be ashamed of yourself, go out and buy one immediately.....It's the tank that won the war in the west after all!  :viking:

• Like 1

I don't have one in my stash because I made mine a few months back, but I did say I will definitely be getting another, so yes, count me in. :D ps I'm assuming 'STGB' means 'Single Type Group Build'? IF so, what is the type?

Cheers,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

ps I'm assuming 'STGB' means 'Single Type Group Build'? IF so, what is the type?

Hi Badder

I think it the STGB really stands for Sherman Tank Group Build

If it was a Single Type Build it would be pretty mind numbing bit like 25 people building the same Spitfire and counting all the rivets  :rolleyes:<_<

Or is that what all the wingy thingy people do  :unsure:

Beefy

• Like 1

It is a single type group build.....Single type GBs allow a fairly broad definition of the 'type', so a Spitfire STGB could allow all Spitfire & Seafire variants plus perhaps the S.6B & Spiteful. 

The Sherman was actually properly known as the Medium Tank M4 (et al), a direct development of the Medium Tank M3.....Hunnicutt the recognised authority on the type considers them an evolutionary development of the same basic vehicle and the GB team have accepted that definition.  All variants (SPGs, APCs, AEVs, ARVs etc.) built on either chassis are eligible in just the same way Seafires would be eligible in a Spitfire STGB.

HTH

• Like 2