1/350 Flower Class Corvette, HMS Spiraea by Mirage

Hi Rob

Thanks for looking in and thanks for the info about the bridge supports.   Wish I knew that...  That explains why on a good fit kit two parts didn't.  It was me....  I might try and adjust them.  Thanks again

Cheers  Guy

That's a wee cracker! Great paint job and lovely detailing. I hope mine turns out as good.       :wub:

Re the chain. Once you have the wire twisted, laying it flat on a hammerhead and gently tapping it with a small ball hammer will flatten the "links" slightly and make it more chain like, especially in this scale.

As for the rigging glue, give this stuff a try. With my shaky hands and failing eyesight I find it difficult to keep the rigging wire in place long enough for the CA glue to set:

Lazer%20bond_zpsb35twut3.jpg

I've recently tried it to add antenna wires to 1/144 planes and found it excellent stuff, sticks well and sets very quickly. So far I've found it far easier to use than CA Glue.  I'll be using it on the HMS Zinnia I've just started.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, foxy said:

Great job Guy. you seem to have cracked it.

That Anchor Idea is a good one in this scale.

I assume you have finished this build, so whats next matey.:rolleyes:

foxy B)

Hi Foxy  Thanks for the feedback and not sure now.  I have a small type vii U-boat 1/350 again.  Seen a lot of nice 1/72 ones on here so may do that.  Also something for the corvette to chase...

Cheers  Guy

22 hours ago, Murdo said:

That's a wee cracker! Great paint job and lovely detailing. I hope mine turns out as good.       :wub:

Re the chain. Once you have the wire twisted, laying it flat on a hammerhead and gently tapping it with a small ball hammer will flatten the "links" slightly and make it more chain like, especially in this scale.

As for the rigging glue, give this stuff a try. With my shaky hands and failing eyesight I find it difficult to keep the rigging wire in place long enough for the CA glue to set:

la

I've recently tried it to add antenna wires to 1/144 planes and found it excellent stuff, sticks well and sets very quickly. So far I've found it far easier to use than CA Glue.  I'll be using it on the HMS Zinnia I've just started.  

Hi Murdo  Thanks for the comments and I'm sure you enjoy the build.  Thanks for the tip about the chain.  Also that Laser bond looks a bit easier than dab glue, try and hold in place and then possibly try and apply accelerant.  Will give it a go...  looks a bit more manageable and be interesting to see it in acton

Cheers  Guy

15 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

A really excellent piece of work Guy, the photo with the tooth pick alongside gives a good idea of the size of this little ship.

:goodjob:

Hi Gremlin 56.  Thank you for the kind words.  It is small and that hides some of the messy bits.   If I was to do another I may look at some 1/350 Oerlikons.  I've seen them for sale in a pack of 20 from Master.  Al the rest is in the box to make it nice.

Cheers  Guy