Malta Based Beaufort - Special Hobby 1/72 *****FINISHED****

On 31/12/2016 at 10:16 PM, AndrewE said:

Finished at last.  Lost count now of the number of times I knocked aerials off and had to replace but in the end I managed to get them all on and finished (although I notice the end of the towel rail under the rear fuselage has disappeared).

Looking great. Specialy the aerials - very scale like. How did you make them?

I also like the weathering and the restrained panel lines. The only thing which lets it all down a bit is the white balance of your pictures. I took the liberty to correct one which is a click in Photoshop (white balanced to the white G on the fuselage).

Beaufighter.jpg

Cheers, Peter

• Like 5

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:43 AM, Basilisk said:

Looking great. Specialy the aerials - very scale like. How did you make them?

I also like the weathering and the restrained panel lines. The only thing which lets it all down a bit is the white balance of your pictures. I took the liberty to correct one which is a click in Photoshop (white balanced to the white G on the fuselage).

Beaufighter.jpg

Cheers, Peter

Thanks Peter,  the background sheet I used was a light blue and is now coming out white in the adjusted picture, was that intended as well?  To be honest being colour blind the subtleties of colour balance are sadly lost on me which can make choosing the right shade of paint a lottery sometimes! Thankfully my better half is usually on hand to choose the correct tin if I am not able to paint by numbers.  When I put the  original and adjusted photo side by side I can see a big difference in brightness but no differences in the colours, sadly I think I may be a lost cause but I appreciate your help. 

The aerials are photo etch that comes with the kit.

Andrew

• Like 3

Being colour blind does make it hard. As I said, I used the letter G (assuming it should be white) to colour balance the white on your picture and I didn't chance anything on your background. I assume that the white balancing on your camera wasn't set to the light source you used, resulting in a very strong pinkish-red hue which kind of "swallowed" your light blue background.

Your work in progress pictures are spot-on in regards to colour balance (and very good otherwise too), so I guess you took the pictures of the finished model with a different light source.

The Aerials had to be fun attaching to the mounts. Could you please share how you did the panel line weathering as the end result looks great.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1