So you finally get into Spitfire's.......................

And they give you one this colour! Had a bit of fun with Airfix's Mk ix in a D-Day scheme for the very important role of Photo gathering.Easy build I know this

kit is not loved by everyone the cockpit is weird for a start but they are cheap and do go together nicely.I brushed on the matt coat and reeled in

horror as dark dark paint streaked out from it but it worked in my favour as brushing along the direction of the airflow it sort of weathered the airframe

in a subtle way.Many thank's for looking in.

DSCN3677_zpsao8xmliw.jpg

DSCN3678_zpsjbufnfzy.jpg

DSCN3680_zps1a5grkdf.jpg

DSCN3684_zpsgky5xj59.jpg

DSCN3686_zps9mrn4xiv.jpg

DSCN3685_zpsacgbdy1p.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 31

Hello,Steve - My full compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Spitfire'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work together with your chosen scheme.A superb Supermarine!!:thumbsup: All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

That's nice. I built one myself some years ago. There were some modifications you had to do but I can't remember what they were. A bigger oil cooler?

As for the scheme the effectiveness of the colour pink only came home to me when I was scudding around clouds in the early mornings and late evenings a few years ago. A pink Spitfire over a pink cloud is well nigh invisible. In fact looking out the window now with a low sun some of the clouds have a distinct pink hue.

• Like 1

That's one of the reasons I so love the British: who would have thunk to paint a fighter pink? In today's transgenders' days, it seem kind of normal... But in the forties? Woah!

As for your model, it looks plain splendid... Chorus: as usual!!!

Congrats Steve

JR

• Like 1

Steve, nice work there, although I'd say the pink is just a tad too pink.  Photos of the aircraft show it to be somewhat more pale, more an off white.  The heart shaped bulges inboard of the guns should be removed for a wartime aircraft and IIRC, she should have the 5 spoke hubs.

Having said that, you've a wonderful whiff warbird in a seasonal scheme.  :evil_laugh:

• Like 2

I also have run out of likes, but got to like this one.

A very nicely made Spitfire Steve, and just love the colour scheme :thumbsup2: .

ATB

TonyT

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

Rot!  There's only ONE theme for the Spitfire, and it's this one!

That's the one that goes:

Dum, dududumm, dududumdumdum, dududumdumdumMMM...? :D

• Like 1