1/32 - Polikarpov I-16 Type 10/17/24/28 & 29 by ICM - released - new boxing type 10, Guomindang Air Force

Homebee

A usually reliable russian source announces ICM is to release in 2017 a 1/32nd Polikarpov I-16 kit. To be followed.

Source: http://scalemodels.ru/news/10678-anons-ICM-1-48-He-111H3.html

For the record a 1/48th I-16 type 24 kit is expected by ICM in December 2016 (link).

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/17/2017 at 22:48, SeaVenom said:

I've only had one ICM kit before (1/72 Mig 25 which I wasn't very impressed with) but I could be tempted by this.   

If you look here in the reviews section we have a fair few ICM reviews and the kits today are very good indeed.

While I'm not in the market for any 1/32 I-16 kits, I'm happy for those who are - it appears that ICM have settled on a similar but simplified version of the wing and cowling assembly compared to their 1/72 I-16, and not the outright wrong arrangement from the more recent 1/48 kit.

John

• 5 weeks later...

A type 29? This will be interesting - I'm not confident that ICM will catch all the details that make a type 29 different from a Type 28, but I hope they prove me wrong. Trouble is, I'm not even sure about all of those details! I tried doing a conversion in 1/72 once, but I really wasn't satisfied that that I got everything right. One of the hindrances of building models of aircraft for which all the best reference material is in a foreign language, I suppose.

John

• 1 month later...