Another hunk of junk

I've always wanted to do one of these in 1/72 scale, so when I spotted that the current Revell easy build kits are currently quite widely available for half price (£30) I grabbed the chance.

wp8ce1ba26_06.jpg

The kit really does just snap together and could easily be assembled to fly-away condition in an afternoon, although I fettled a few poorly fitting bits and then got out the glue to keep things properly in place.

wp9e014757_06.jpg

As provided, it comes with some superficial pre-painting of detail, which is very sparce, but in all honesty quite effective enough for the main target market of this kit.  

wp79ecd34f_06.jpg

I added a fair amount of detail painting, then a heavy wash over the whole thing.  That's all though - other than one spare (ex-Sea King) instrument decal applied in the cockpit, everything else you see is what you get in the kit.  

wp22048b8d_06.jpg

The builder is offered a few options representing the Falcon as it appears in the different films.  For the most part these are undercarriage changes , the different shaped dish antenna and some different hatch panels.  

wp47fdfcac_06.jpg

There are, of course, far better representations available in various scales, but whilst it is definitely not Finemolds standard, for sheer size alone this one provides a lot of fun and makes for an easy build.

wp6c51a004_06.jpg

wpab4fd2dd_06.jpg

FredT :)

Edited by gengriz
Undoing the damage that Photobucket inflicted
  • Like 12

I found a couple of these for £20 so am considering getting one.I was wondering by how much one would need to trim the side walls to get it more like the film model and suggestions on how onne would deal with the resulting cockpit adjustment.Any ideas chaps.☺