Italeri 1/35 PT-596 original release

Gremlin56

5 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

No doubt that there is a full load of ICBM`s somewhere to be added.

Heavy armour Gremlin.

Looking good though.

Simon

"Heavy armour Gremlin " sounds like the counterpart to Zappa's "Heavy duty Judy" ;)

Not ships to messed with lightly I would say, to many ways on board to mess up your day :dalek1:

On 20-11-2016 at 7:12 PM, longshanks said:

Looking great, like the new light weight roll off racks........... hope you remember the bit of string :thumbsup:

Kev

Glad you reminded me of the packing string. I dumped the heavy gauge electrical thread strands, tried thinner copper wire and finally went for black nylon fishing line. Will use this for wire safety lines, will let me add some turnbuckles.

On 22-11-2016 at 10:51 AM, beefy66 said:

This is looking great Julian these things were very well armed towards the end of the war  :dinosaur: armed to the teeth you might say.

Beefy

Certainly were Keith, hardly any deck space left after fitting the weapons ;)

On 26-11-2016 at 5:01 PM, robgizlu said:

Really coming together nicely - and a very clean finish

Keep it coming

Rob

Thanks Rob, haven't done much weathering (yet.

2711 update.

Torp's are fitted, just some small odds and ends before a good weathering:

DSCN4274.jpg

DSCN4275.jpg

DSCN4277.jpg

A beautifully orchestrated championship for Britney, compliments to ToTo, Niki and Paddy, sound like the three stooges....................

Bet Britney nearly :poop: himself when Lewis backed him into the hungry jaws of Seb and Max.Didn't help though, Britney 9 wins and no engine problems, Lewis 10 wins and 3 engine failures: Britney World champ.........go figure.

Makes you want to blow chunks :puke:.

• Like 2

Hi Simon,

No, I think they had room for a real cook who turned out "Rat's turds and Dog's turds" for meals, the synonym for baked beans and Frankfurters  ;)

I think it's a case of Merc wanting an Aryan pure Germanic to support the sales of their "Uber autos" in der heimat................................which they arranged by plooking Hamilton's engine a couple of times.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, longshanks said:

Straight out of the showroom and loooooooooooking good!!

Weathering will put the cherry on the top :goodjob:

Re GP :rant::rant::rant:

Kev

Thanks Kev, that is a new :worms:. It does look like it came out of the showroom. The real deal didn't make it to combat though and would have looked pristine before being torched on a beach somewhere in the Pacific. What to do is the dilemma :blink2:

54 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Please don't torch it !

Kev

I agree with Kev no naked flames please

Anyway plastic smells funny when you burn it  :blink::whistle:

Beefy

• Like 1

Easy gentlemen, I have no intention of torching the build, I live in Holland remember, not Lerwick :blink2:;)

2012 update.

Top hamper and navigation lights fitted:

DSCN4278.jpg

DSCN4279.jpg

DSCN4280.jpg

DSCN4281.jpg

DSCN4282.jpg

DSCN4283.jpg

My packages from Germany and Spain have arrived with a lot of goodies. I'll get some pics up asap

:)

• Like 3

Thanks Kev, Simon,

Positive reactions very much appreciated ;) I have been misbehaving and ordered some more goodies for the stash:

DSCN4285.jpg

DSCN4288.jpg

DSCN4287.jpg

DSCN4289.jpg

DSCN4290.jpg

Not putting the into a build just yet. More and more inclined to going for the JT, it's very tempting....................................................

:blink2::)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Oh dear, it sounds like a tank factory coming into action.

Simon.

Retro building, time warp to 100 years ago :analintruder::analintruder::analintruder:..............................................................................................:analintruder:

• Like 3

There is a reason I am attracted by a WW I build of course Simon. These were passed down to me as one of the remaining MacDonalds of the family:

DSCN4292.jpg

DSCN4293.jpg

Dugald was my great uncle, one of the many Scots lads who didn't return from "foreign fields". The bronze plates were apparently handed out like candy to the grieving families. The plate says he died for "Freedom and Honor", Personally I think he was one of many who was fed into General Hague's meat grinders for the honor and glory of Hague, Hague of course being several miles behind the line in safety.

• Like 3

The bravery of being out of range, Roger Waters at his best I would say : Amused to death................the ballad of Bill Hubbard would fit in with Kev's Mk. V build.

A small update today, the utility boat fitted :

DSCN4295.jpg

;)

• Like 4