Italeri 1/35 PT-596 original release

Gremlin56

11 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Looking good Gremlin, and we cannot have those poor gunners catching a chill can we....

Simon.

Well, could come in handy for some intimidating nose picking if your nose is all stuffed shut. Can't go hawking and spitting, think the Bofors crew would have a problem with that :blink:

• Like 1

12/11 update and leaving the shower head unscratched:

Storage bins and the port side gun tub

DSCN4232.jpg

DSCN4234.jpg

DSCN4240.jpg

DSCN4235.jpg

DSCN4236.jpg

Qualification time in Brazil so all for now........................................

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss....................................................Rosberg's sprog knocked off the pole again.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Looking good, like your portrayal of the canvas and drape of ammo belt

Probably wise to forgo the shower :winkgrin:

Kev

This will disappoint Simon no end, might even scratch a shower-head yet  :blink:

• Like 1

It has not disappointed me Gremlin, just my foolish behaviour.

Same as Kev nice representation of the canvas, and realistic sag to the ammo feed.

Yes the Brazilian GP, Interlagos, the only circuit  which has a strip of grass going down the centre of the track....

Simon,

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

It has not disappointed me Gremlin, just my foolish behaviour.

Same as Kev nice representation of the canvas, and realistic sag to the ammo feed.

Yes the Brazilian GP, Interlagos, the only circuit  which has a strip of grass going down the centre of the track....

Simon,

Well, the cars have to graze somewhere :yahoo:

18 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Armed for bear I would call that.

Simon.

That 37mm must have had a recoil like a hit with a sledgehammer, looks really nasty........................

17 hours ago, Stormerhmv said:

Its also unbelievable how exposed all the weapons system operators where to enemy fire. Brave poor lads

Not an inch of cover is there? The Vosper 20mm had a rather small shield but this is attacking in the full montey..................................

16 hours ago, longshanks said:

As you say, mini battleships...

Like the figures, good poses

Kev

There is still a lot of weaponry to be added. The figures are not bad really are they? I had a different impression years ago when I bought them but I think they will pass muster.

The GI helmets look a bit too tall IMHO :blink:

• Like 1

Most definitely full auto, single shot isn't going to do much ;)

All ok with you and Lady Rose in the new residence?

Had to buy a new HD and ran into some Spooky Tooth oldies while pumping oldies over to the new disk as newies.

Tobacco road etc...................

9 hours ago, longshanks said:

That 40mm looks to be rather a nice rendition of the real thing. Definite sting in the tail.

How are you finding the kit re fit, finesse etc?

Kev

Italeri did a good job on this kit. Flash is minimal and fit is very good. Decals suck though :locked: Detailing is quite good and they haven't been stingy on the weapons on board like they were with their Vosper. For under the 100 Euro's its quite a bargain so can only say that Italeri did a :goodjob:

• Like 1

18/11 update.

More work on the big bad Bofors. Did an Eduard makeover of the 40mm ready rack. Attacked the Eduard seats with my "Chef's blowtorch", shaped them but really couldn't see a good reason to use them. Same with the pedals, not worth the effort. Luckily the ready rack looks much better now than OOB. The 40mm shells need to dry before polishing them and giving them a wash.

DSCN4254.jpg

DSCN4256.jpg

DSCN4257.jpg

DSCN4258.jpg

DSCN4259.jpg

DSCN4260.jpg

DSCN4261.jpg

Italian wine time to go with the pasta........................................

• Like 3

Looks tidy and the shells look fine.

And if you are having wine with your Pasta then I shall have JD with my Unlucky Fried Kitten.

We have got success mate, the bench is getting to the stage of 3d tetris to work out how much timber.

But the legs are being supplied by my boss, (not his I will add).

Simon.

• Like 1

If the unlucky fried kitten is a pseudonym for KFC with the added lure of JD then you will be well satisfied. Seems like the new bench is getting out of fledgling form and becoming genuine hardware.

Sounds good Simon ;)

The SFC went down well, washed down now with JD.

Hope to post more on the bench next week, there have been a couple of design changes but still similar to what I had in mind.

The spray booth/comp trolley is another matter though.

The vent out has to be re-designed to fit the window easier.

Simon.

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

You would not want to behind them when they launch either.

Still, nothing like having the tools to do the job though.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

tools in abundance on this little ship. Even more tools to come.....................