Italeri 1/35 PT-596 original release

Gremlin56

35 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

If you see a pipe belonging to a grunt muffler send it home to me, lost two adding the exhausts. Had to scratch two (not telling which either).

Can't tell - Very neat adding to a Fab job!  The decals really set it off

Rob

Edited by robgizlu
  • Like 1

If you see a pipe belonging to a grunt muffler send it home to me, lost two adding the exhausts. Had to scratch two (not telling which either).

At a guess I would say the starboard side pipes they were the ones that disintegrated on mine when I was building this beast  :shrug:

looking great Julian

Beefy

• Like 1

20 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Can't tell - Very neat adding to a Fab job!  The decals really set it off

Rob

Thank you Rob, typical flashy Yank show off numerals, but they do look good don't they ;)

19 hours ago, beefy66 said:

At a guess I would say the starboard side pipes they were the ones that disintegrated on mine when I was building this beast  :shrug:

looking great Julian

Beefy

Nope, port side Keith. I had to use transparent plastic pipe because it happened on Sunday and I wanted to get the paint on. If you take a careful look you will see two pipes that are marginally thinner and one that has a slight wrong angle to the underwater exhaust end. Don't think it will poke anyone in the eye though :D

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, longshanks said:

obviously built to the original manufacturers spec can't see any problem

Kev

Much appreciated Kev, to me it sticks out like a sore thumb, sheesh, maybe I'm a closet RC :crying::yikes:

I do need to spend more time at the bench though, developing a distinct plastic deficiency the last few days.........................................................................

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Much appreciated Kev, to me it sticks out like a sore thumb, sheesh, maybe I'm a closet RC :crying::yikes:

I do need to spend more time at the bench though, developing a distinct plastic deficiency the last few days.........................................................................

You have just the cure Julian ... it's big and starts with Jagd and ends with Tiger ...

Get to it my good man :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Update 4/11.

Small update big job. The measure 31/20L hull camo has been hairy sticked on. I'll be giving the hull a coat of matt varnish this afternoon to lever colors and "shine" out.

Then some oil washes and streaking before the deck becomes a permanent fixture.

DSCN4217.jpg

DSCN4218.jpg

DSCN4219.jpg

:nerd:

• Like 3

4/11 update #2:

Once again small results from a lot of work. The first of twin .50 gun tubs started. Brass barrels with flash suppressors replace the OOB plastic ones. Eduard details added to the .50 cals.

DSCN4220.jpg

DSCN4222.jpg

all for now.

:)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

That extra work on the 50 cals looks great very neat work Julian  :popcorn:

Beefy

Thanks Keith, the brass barrels look a lot better than the plastic ones. The shell feeds will add to the build as well.

32 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

As Beefy said, those 50`s look swell, with those barrels.

Simon.

Bought metal barrels for this model a couple of years ago during another "false start" to this project. Up and running now though, quite nice to build too. ;)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Like the 50 cals. they certainly look the part

Kev

Just filled up the ammo bins next to the .50 cals, can't imagine the boat going into action with empty bins :rolleyes:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

They look the part Gremlin.

Filling the bins up would be a good idea , we cannot have the crew shouting pop pop pop, after 5 secs of gunfire.

Simon.

Or striking matches and doing some intimidating nose-picking ;)

• Like 2