Italeri 1/35 PT-596 original release

Gremlin56

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

Looking better for your washes etc,,,,,,

I'm always amazed at how neat and clean your builds look whilst on the stocks. Looking forward to further developments

Kev

Thanks Kev, I appreciate the compliment. How to keep it neat? Do the best job you can and use a good camera to capture it (I use two: a Nikon and an Olympus. The Nikon is a better all round camera but the Olympus has a macro lens to die for). Use good (air)brushes and keep them clean.

I usually start screwing up when I start weathering my builds but that of course is part of the fun ;)

Just noticed that wheel has black knobs and not wooden knobs, have to change that :nono:

• Like 2

Just now, Spookytooth said:

Taking shape Gremlin, at least you will not be up the proverbial creek with out a paddle though.

Simon.

Up the proverbial rather smelly and brownish colored creek? Not with 2 paddles ;)

Quite happy with the results so far, probably driving the purists and the RC's ape-:poop: though as the camo is not 100% kosher.

How are you settling in? Get your work space staked out?

:)

• Like 1

Great work mate.

Like the detail.

PS:Let me welcome Warren back too, G Day mate :rolleyes:.

Been out of the loop for a while so nice to have up dates.

How many figures you using Julian for this  boat.

foxy B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxy said:

Great work mate.

Like the detail.

PS:Let me welcome Warren back too, G Day mate :rolleyes:.

Been out of the loop for a while so nice to have up dates.

How many figures you using Julian for this  boat.

foxy B)

Thanks Frank,

Yes, they let the "Terror of the outback" loose again :lol::D

I'll be using the full Italeri crew set for this build. Should look nice and busy.

;)

• Like 1

29/10 update.

The two base colors for the hull have been sprayed on. This needs to cure now and in a couple of days I'll seal the colors in with some varnish. I think I will be doing the camo on the hull freehand with hairy stick, probably the best way to tackle it. I have started building the crewmen, 10 in all. They should give it a busy look. The life-raft is a very nice molding, needs a wash or two to tone it down:

DSCN4209.jpg

DSCN4207.jpg

DSCN4210.jpg

DSCN4208.jpg

DSCN4211.jpg

all for today, Mexico F1 qualification on Ziggo coming up so I have a very nice South African "Kannonskop" acclimatizing in the living room to keep me company.

:D

• Like 3

The 80' Elco's were rather hefty boats Simon. The E-boats were longer but much less wide. The Elco also absolutely bristles with all sorts of different weapons making it a veritable:

DSCN4138.jpg

{This is Spike, we found him in the water-meter pit near the front door after the plumber did some jobs and left the pit open. Spike had jumped in and eaten all the slugs and snails that usually inhabit the pit. He was rolled up in a ball when we found him and he slept all the way to behind the woodshed where we left him. Next morning he had disappeared}

Glad to hear the card arrived, how did the carpet laying adventures go? (and no fibs about you getting attacked by the carpet monster ;))

It would be barbaric not to let such an excellent wine get a breath of fresh air before sampling it's charms ..............................................

Cheers

Julian

Well the front room is done, it`s the hallway tomorrow, apparently the monsters love carpet tiles more than carpets (more gaps for them to hide under) so hopefully these will lure the little blighters out of the modeling area. LOL

I know a good recipe for Spike.... but they are good garden friendly creatures.

Simon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

Well the front room is done, it`s the hallway tomorrow, apparently the monsters love carpet tiles more than carpets (more gaps for them to hide under) so hopefully these will lure the little blighters out of the modeling area. LOL

I know a good recipe for Spike.... but they are good garden friendly creatures.

Simon.

No time for building Phantom's Simon, first the hall ;) Think how much you will appreciate sinking your teeth into a new build in a new home :)

Aren't you thinking about armadillo's? They eat them in the Argentine. Don't even think about cooking poor old Spike :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

Nice work Julian on the build and with spike :) , not taken you long to get this far buddy.

Dan 

Thank you Dan,

Spike is having a whale of a time in the garden, haven't seen a snail, slug or a shrew for weeks now and the neighborhood cats are avoiding our garden as well (except for Elmo, a very big and tough Norwegian Forest cat, the silly b****r thinks he owns the garden).

I checked your remark about the build going fast and was surprised to see it has only been on the burner for a month (and then mainly the weekends). The devil is in the details though and the pace will slow down when I start fitting the weapons etc.

Cheers,

Julian

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Coming together very quickly and looking Goooooooood !!

From a reluctant figure painter to 10 on a single model Wow

Kev

Thanks Kev,

that is rather amazing isn't it? The only thing that has changed is that I bought the AK flesh color set. My figures still look awful so I don't think that it has helped much though.......................:rolleyes::unsure::nerd:

1 hour ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thank you Dan,

Spike is having a whale of a time in the garden, haven't seen a snail, slug or a shrew for weeks now and the neighborhood cats are avoiding our garden as well (except for Elmo, a very big and tough Norwegian Forest cat, the silly b****r thinks he owns the garden).

I checked your remark about the build going fast and was surprised to see it has only been on the burner for a month (and then mainly the weekends). The devil is in the details though and the pace will slow down when I start fitting the weapons etc.

Cheers,

Julian

I'm waiting to see the JT take prime place on the build board now mate, so keep up the momentum Julian, I know very selfish of me :) 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Definitely grunt mufflers there Gremlin. 

And I won the battle with the carpet tiles too.

Simon.

Grunt mufflers, I'll keep this one from Mrs. Gremlin56.

You banished the carpet monster to it's own private Hades, very proud of you Simon ;) If you see a pipe belonging to a grunt muffler send it home to me, lost two adding the exhausts. Had to scratch two (not telling which either).

• Like 1