Italeri 1/35 PT-596 original release

Gremlin56

On 10-10-2016 at 10:50 PM, rollsroyce said:

Hi Gremlin56.  I'm also pulling up a seat to look at this one.  nice looking build and looking forward to the next installment...

Cheers Guy

Welcome aboard Guy,

cheers

Julian

• Like 1

Arghhh................................Pressure, I can't take the pressure :blink:

Let's see how this goes Kev, these colors would look good on the "great grey green greasy Limpopo River" (doing my Kipling from memory this time so disregard the typo's)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Shaping up nicely........

What colours are you using?

Kev

As usual a mix Kev. The deck is really Vallejo Bronze Green Primer, the putrid pale green is a Vallejo Air color and the black is Tamiya acrylic "Nato Black" which isn't much fun to apply with a hairy stick but sprays beautifully. The details are AK, MiG, Lifecolor, oils etc. Wait for the washes :blink:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Well you are not holding back with the colours bright is an understatement :hypnotised:

just know now this will be an epic build

Beefy

Thanks Keith, don't know if it will be epic but hope it will be fun ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rollsroyce said:

Hi Gremlin56.

Wow that is some bright colour scheme.  Neat job especially with a brush.   Does it go down the sides of the Hull?

Cheers  Guy

Good morning Guy,

yes, the hull has a rather noisy camo down the sides too :blink:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, longshanks said:

Certainly different but then that's you. Like where your going

Kev

Thanks Kev, looking very pristine at the moment. Big chunk of real estate too, Mrs. Gremlin56 is not amused :nono::fight:

• Like 2

This is looking really good will be certainly a focal point it just pops out and smacks you straight in the eyes  :hypnotised:

Will you be displaying the PT Boat in a similar way to your Vosper build or do you have anything else in mind  :popcorn:

Beefy

• Like 1

20/10 update:

Spent a couple of days in Heeze and Ermelo with Mts. Gremlin56 enjoying some culinary adventures. Arrived back today and managed to get a bit more work done on the poison frog:

DSCN4191.jpg

DSCN4192.jpg

DSCN4193.jpg

Also treated myself to  a new toy:

DSCN4188.jpg

DSCN4190.jpg

Lovely piece of kit :yahoo:

• Like 1

On 18-10-2016 at 3:25 PM, beefy66 said:

This is looking really good will be certainly a focal point it just pops out and smacks you straight in the eyes  :hypnotised:

Will you be displaying the PT Boat in a similar way to your Vosper build or do you have anything else in mind  :popcorn:

Beefy

Hi Keith,

Most probably just like all the other 1/35th MTB's. Dio's are not really my thing and certainly not in this size ;)

On 18-10-2016 at 4:46 PM, Spookytooth said:

Well Gremlin, I can now see what you mean about the loud Green mate.

No wonder they wore sunglasses. LOL.

PM you later.

Simon.

Like Hendrix used to say: Let me hear it through the ear-goggles...........

• Like 2

22/10 update:

After a couple of brown and grey washes and some oil dot blending the poison frog is looking suitably sun bleached. The deck houses have been fitted to the deck ready for some pin washes.

The new toy ( Badger 105 extreme Patriot) is behaving beautifully, a far superior instrument compared to the Vermillion Bird.

DSCN4194.jpg

DSCN4195.jpg

DSCN4196.jpg

DSCN4197.jpg

DSCN4198.jpg

DSCN4199.jpg

DSCN4201.jpg

DSCN4202.jpg

Time for a nice cool Grüner veltliner before dinner. Won't even bother with the Grand Prix this weekend, apparently Hamilton has engine problems again and Britney doesn't. Avoid Mercedes' like the Bubonic plague if the reliability of the F1 Mercedes is a benchmark I would say.

Cheers and Cheers ;)

• Like 1