Italeri 1/35 PT-596 original release

Gremlin56

17 hours ago, longshanks said:

"  Luckily I am probably seeing things that you are not seeing yet :winkgrin: "

Way to much suggestion there buddy .............

You must have a big bath if you can have the Elco in with you :rolleyes:

Two sugars in mine please

Kev

Ahem, not being one to boast the PT and me would fit simultaneously in my bathtub but I am afraid the built in "Whirlpool" would sink things, (well, the PT not me).

(the whirlpool was a free extra when we had the bathroom done over about 16 years ago. The only users were my sons when they still lived at home. I prefer a shower so the whirlpool hasn't been used for years. Would probably spit out pieces of pump and rust if I started it up now)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Blimey , this is really taking shape fast Julian , nice work buddy :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan, I hope I'll get some work done this weekend and take a stroll around the other excellent builds taking place here.

:)

8/10 update:

More work on deckhouses. Bought some paints due to a very interesting article by Michael Benolkin on Cybermodeler online.

Al Ross and John Snyder assisted him in getting a realistic match to the real color shades used by the USN. Will start the paint job reasonably soon methinks.

DSCN4119.jpg

DSCN4120.jpg

DSCN4122.jpg

DSCN4123.jpg

DSCN4124.jpg

:)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, longshanks said:

Wow ! Not hanging around are you buddy, look forward to seeing what happens with  the paint job. A lot I've seen seem way to harsh

Kev

That of course is another :worms: Kev. The 596 was a late arrival in the PTO if I am correctly informed and never saw action. I would think it wouldn't be badly weathered or beaten up but I am not sure how fast the paint would fade in Pacific. I certainly don't think this little ship was as grungy as the Vosper I built. You can always fade it down with a couple of washes without messing things up too much.

I'll wait and see which way the "creative mood" goes :snail:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snapper_city said:

Great work so far. Always fancied one of these kits. Watching with interest. 

Thanks Mark, bought this kit when it first came out and it has been gathering dust ever since. Thought it was about time to give it a go,

cheers,

Julian

Irritations and frustrations after running through the accurate colors and the color pics scattered all over internet and a couple of sexy builds that sail their own course.

Think I'll do a Fleetwood Mac here and get the RC's panties all bunched up :guitar::guitar: "You can go your own way" :thumbsup:

Dumping some plans and paints, here's to swimmin' with bow legged wimmin...................................................................

• Like 1

This build is really moving now Julian remember doing mine a few years back got some help from Al Ross with some info will try and dig it out if I still have it saved somewhere 

Beefy

• Like 1

Hi Keith, Simon,

I have found what I want: It's this Italeri PT 596 built by Marco Bosco for http://www.kitsreview.com.

The colors are out of this world and probably wildly inaccurate but I love the way it looks.

Yes, probably will ruffles some feathers but as you say, I'm building it.

Barbie pit...................a small indentation in the deck in which to cremate Barbie dolls, no, might go for the Jacuzzi with sun-bench though :blush:

• Like 2