Handley Page Herald

alancmlaird

1 hour ago, Scimitar said:

Not sure if this is real but cracking shot anyway:

http://www.airplanegeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Handley-Page-Herald-copyright-DestinWorld-Publishing.jpg

I've displayed it as a link as the copyright bit disappeared when I showed picture.

RG

Yup...prototype G-AODF at Farnborough. Converted from four Alvis Leonides engines and added an extra few feet into the fuselage. 

• Like 1

Forgot to leave a recomendation of Tamiya masking tape - better than anything for avoiding under-bleed I've used. Doesn't pull round in a curve all that well (Frog tape does - but it can allow bleed), but still great.

9 hours ago, alancmlaird said:

Forgot to leave a recomendation of Tamiya masking tape - better than anything for avoiding under-bleed I've used. Doesn't pull round in a curve all that well (Frog tape does - but it can allow bleed), but still great.

Tamiya now make tape for curves I picked some up but haven't tried it yet Should be good Looking forward to your Herald in the gallery 

Martin H

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

That's a fantastic model Alan, it will be a nice addition to the gallery. It's been great to see the techniques that you have used to alter the fuselage.

Thanks Nimrod....as a returnee to the hobby after about 30 years, my instinct for meddling seems to be worse than ever - never knowingly built a kit straight from the box!  My friend Scimitar's 'worst kits in the stash' stash reduction scheme continues to turn up a few jems - particularly vac forms. Roll on Airliner GB IV :D

1 hour ago, Grandboof said:

Tamiya now make tape for curves I picked some up but haven't tried it yet Should be good Looking forward to your Herald in the gallery 

Martin H

I used the Tamiya tape for curves on my B767. It worked a treat :D

Nice work Alan, quite a unique and stand out scheme. Hope to see some 'finished' pictures in gallery soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...