1/48 French Nuclear ASMP-A missile?

RMP2

Hi guys.

Despite me swearing I wouldnt buy any more kits until I built a few more.... yea, I bought another - the Revell Rafale (with bomb racks).

Now I was going to go with the bombs, looks like a nice load out, but then I had a quick look on Google images and found this -

Air-Sol+Moyenne+Port%C3%A9e-Am%C3%A9lior

Wooooooo! Ive a bit of a thing about funky/pretty missiles and like to fit them in with the aircraft I like when I can, but I cant find anything aftermarket. I did find a thread on here from November last year asking the same question though and a list of kits the missile does come with, but are the kit versions any good? Or to put it another way - which kit has the best representation, decals etc?

Cheers for any help.

The one you are asking for simply does not exist  yet in 1/48

The older shorter etc ASMP can be found in the above mentioned kits.

That means instead you dcratch build one or modify the other , your Rafale will stay conventional! 😉

Cheers guys.

Im not much of a fan of the Mirage range, so its either a begging/trade/buying one and looking at it mission, or stick with the LGBs or maybe my spare Brassin Exocet... Hmm. Not sure. Will sit on it, so to speak, and have a think.

Exdraken - do you know if the difference is just in the length of the nice n easy round section?

judge for yourself:

3248900_original.jpg

2000N_1997_4-BF_JFL.jpg

the rear is different , the new one has 2 small fins more on the laterals

there was a similar , not realy that nice but in the end stil informative thread on ARC, but this forum is down at the moment:

here in french, I am not sure if this product will ever see the light of day!

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=86503&hilit=asmp

1 hour ago, RMP2 said:

Cheers guys.

Im not much of a fan of the Mirage range, so its either a begging/trade/buying one and looking at it mission, or stick with the LGBs or maybe my spare Brassin Exocet... Hmm. Not sure. Will sit on it, so to speak, and have a think.

Exdraken - do you know if the difference is just in the length of the nice n easy round section?

you could also add a GBU-24 for a change, or use the Scalp missiles...

as you are not much of a fan of the Mirage, I fear I would not be able to find my ASMP missiles left over.... hint hint! :devil: 

Just the fins? Ah, thats not so much a worry at all, even I could manage something passable there. Thank you.

Bombs... theyre just bombs. All these GBus, theyre a bit boring to me, although the triple rack of little ones aint so bad, suggests proper precision and I like that side of them.

Hey - the F1 is a pretty aircraft, I do like those. Maybe because theyre not far off being a proper plane like a Jaguar... :P

Will message you. ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Finn said:

There is this:

p1020312.jpg

some sites list a length of 5.38m and others 5.4m which i'm guessing is for the A version.

Jari

Thats very helpful, thanks very much.

Do you know which of them came from which kit?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
On 11/25/2017 at 2:13 AM, Finn said:

You could probably get away with these colours:

53610cd125b52.jpg

Jari

Hi everyone,

Apologies for bringing up this thread...

Are there any 1/48 ASMP-A available in the open market?

What are the colours of both ASMP & ASMP-A?

Thanks!

I made one but I don't get time printing it. The Bam model looks fine though. there are two pylons included, one for the Mirage 2000N (the short one) and the other for Rafale. The d Chute's one is very simplify without details.

Happy modelling