This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
172flogger

old gliders by Hasegawa

It'd be really nice if they moulded the flying durfaces in clear to make getting the see through effect possible. *Rummages about looking for some rtv and resin*

yes I'd like at least the 2 1/50th ones. Odd scales though.

The extreme left hand one is  one of those 1930s pre war German gliders I think the SG 38 Schul gleiter. The other two not sure.

Err...  it says on the box art.  One's an SG 38, one's a Horikawa H-22(B-3), and one's a Slingsby Skylark.

As for the odd scales...  these are (literally) the first plastic model kits Hasegawa released, before standard scales were a thing.  (I'll be interesting to see if they re-release their 1/70 Visible Mustang, too)

hsgs5249main-lg.jpg

Edited by ICMF

I gather at least one or two "1/50" old Hase kits are 1/48 anyway...  I will have the Skylark and see.

Edited by Work In Progress

6 hours ago, ICMF said:

As for the odd scales...  these are (literally) the first plastic model kits Hasegawa released, before standard scales were a thing.  (I'll be interesting to see if they re-release their 1/70 Visible Mustang, too)

1/70 Visible Mustang was repeately re-released some years ago. i have one in stash.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10016754

Yeah, I know it's been re-popped a few times.  I meant, I wonder if they will re-release it as well, to coincide with their 75th anniversary.  Since it's one they often bring back for special occasions.

I also wonder if these gliders will be run off the original 55 year old toolings, or whether they'll have to cut new molds for production.  I could see it being a bit of a production headache for the factory.

If the tools have been properly stored - and I'm sure they have - then they'll have no difficulty. If they were doing all new models then they'd use standard scales and they'd say they were new kits.