old gliders by Hasegawa

172flogger

• 5 weeks later...

Err...  it says on the box art.  One's an SG 38, one's a Horikawa H-22(B-3), and one's a Slingsby Skylark.

As for the odd scales...  these are (literally) the first plastic model kits Hasegawa released, before standard scales were a thing.  (I'll be interesting to see if they re-release their 1/70 Visible Mustang, too)

hsgs5249main-lg.jpg

Edited by ICMF

6 hours ago, ICMF said:

As for the odd scales...  these are (literally) the first plastic model kits Hasegawa released, before standard scales were a thing.  (I'll be interesting to see if they re-release their 1/70 Visible Mustang, too)

1/70 Visible Mustang was repeately re-released some years ago. i have one in stash.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10016754

Yeah, I know it's been re-popped a few times.  I meant, I wonder if they will re-release it as well, to coincide with their 75th anniversary.  Since it's one they often bring back for special occasions.

I also wonder if these gliders will be run off the original 55 year old toolings, or whether they'll have to cut new molds for production.  I could see it being a bit of a production headache for the factory.