Meng's Me 163B white 13

Thats really nice Pierre.  Thanks for showing.  Great model of a really interesting aircraft.  

Were there any stages of the build process that you found tricky with the Meng kit?  I have one in the stash and forewarned is forearmed !!

Thanks for the nices comments gents !:D

JohnT: the kit is excellent but i never did so manies dry fits (specially with the addition of Aires cockpit). You need to be very careful when gluing halves fuselages and gluing the wings). If so you will not need any putty (i just put some mr surfacer 500 at the junction wings/fuselage). Another thing; as there are no panels at the surface of the wings it's quite hard to obtain a "living" paint.

Cheers

Pierre

• Like 1

Thanks guys for nice comments. Really appreciated.

1 hour ago, snapper_city said:

Superb build. I'm looking forward to building mine soon. Is the PE worth investing in?

Well, depends... if you intend to display her fully opened , front and rear fuselages separated, and skid extended; yes yes and yes. On the other hand if you intend to display her all closed; not at all for the exterior set, but yes for the interior set as the cockpit is really visible. Masks are not really useful.

Cheers

Pierre

• Like 1