Do Dinosaurs count as Figures... I guess they can. I'm not trying to over show this diorama on the forum but it seemed appropriate to put these up on the Diorama section once completed having had the build stages amble along in the figures WIP pages.

Here's a pair of the Tamiya 1/35 Triceratops Prehistoric Diorama educational sets that have been merged into a single action piece. Each kit comes with 1 Triceratops and 2 Velociraptors. I have one of the Tamiya pack of 6 raptors at hand and added another of the little menaces - the kit mould stamp dates back to 1992 before these guys were suspected/known to have probably been feathered.

I'm fast becoming more loyal to the Spanish Vallejo & MIG type vendors so most of the colours used were from them except Tamiya for the eye glaze. A fun piece of plastic to build but did get me very frustrated throughout some of the flesh tome paint processes due to my lack of previous knowledge and skills - big bow of respect to the wargaming and figure modellers out there as a result of thereafter.....

Hope you enjoy this if you have not already stumbled across these elsewhere on the forum. Thanks for the peep in - John

DSCF6185_zpss26bd29y.jpg

DSCF6190_zpsxotkwsyl.jpg

DSCF6191_zpsftah6sf1.jpg

DSCF6192_zpsso9ubozv.jpg

DSCF6195_zps29odyx8y.jpg

DSCF6197_zpskco2h2cp.jpg

DSCF6203_zpsiajidbbj.jpg

DSCF6204_zpsjhgdd8bb.jpg

DSCF6205_zps4kowgje0.jpg

DSCF6206_zps1sbbmvei.jpg

DSCF6194_zpsezmez5vb.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

Just catching up with stuff while the paint's drying... Autocorrect just wanted to type 'crying' - it must have seen what I was trying to do!!! Interesting to see the differences between the old trike and the diorama one. Love the watery effect, rainy season... Great impression of movement too! ☺