1/72 - Consolidated B-24 Liberator GR.V "Coastal Command" & GR.Mk. VI/VIII "Riders in the sky" by Eduard (plastic Hasegawa) - released

Homebee

22 minutes ago, mick b said:

Just seen this on Hannants website ... £107....

let the debate begin.....😀

The Hasegawa one is £74.99. 

Looks like I won't be adding a Costal Command Liberator to the stash any time soon.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beard said:

The Hasegawa one is £74.99. 

Looks like I won't be adding a Costal Command Liberator to the stash any time soon.

Hasegawa released two versions of Coastal Command Liberator

https://hlj.com/product/HSG01960/Air

https://hlj.com/product/HSG02241/Air

Their cost, in Japan, was about £32.00 ($44.00)

• Like 1

On 26/02/2018 at 8:16 PM, mick b said:

Just seen this on Hannants website ... £107....

Sorry, for a moment I thought you said it was listed at £107...

...for a 1/72nd scale Liberator?What a bargain. Sign me up for a squadrons worth. 

How on Earth can that price be justified? Utter madness. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomprobert said:

Sorry, for a moment I thought you said it was listed at £107...

...for a 1/72nd scale Liberator?What a bargain. Sign me up for a squadrons worth. 

How on Earth can that price be justified? Utter madness. 

Well you’re paying for a book and numerous decal choices from which you will only be using one ?

mick

Apart from the book and the decal choices, are there any part differences in this boxing that cannot be found in others ( eg, Academy/Minicraft & standard Hasegawa boxing)?  I too find the price to be .....breathtaking.  As in , it took my breath away :o.

3 minutes ago, Jackman said:

Apart from the book and the decal choices, are there any part differences in this boxing that cannot be found in others ( eg, Academy/Minicraft & standard Hasegawa boxing)?  I too find the price to be .....breathtaking.  As in , it took my breath away :o.

If you look back through this thread you will see there are also two new Eduard plastic sprues with turret and armament parts.

34 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

If you look back through this thread you will see there are also two new Eduard plastic sprues with turret and armament parts.

Ah, I see.  I always thought the turret parts were standard on the Academy & Hasegawa kits. I didn't realize the Eduard parts were different. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Jackman said:

Have you seen all the Brassin items they're releasing to go with this kit? Bomb Bay doors, Rockets and racks, Tires, set of 4 Brassin Engines . . . $$$$$$!!!

You can really go to town detailing one of these kits out. This kit is light years beyond the old Revell 1/72 B-24 I built as a kid, but then kits were considered toys back then. I have a 27% off coupon from Eduard that I may use to buy just the this kit. Shipping's free when my cart hits $150.:idea: If I buy one and pimp it out it will be beautiful. :party:It's a pity I won't be around when some relative tosses it in the trash 50 years from now.:jump_fire:

5 hours ago, Jackman said:

I just realized that Eduard will probably be offering Overtrees for this kit. They've done it for all their recent boxings of Hasegawa kits. So you will get original Hasegawa sprues plus Eduard's two New Tool sprues to do GR Mk.III and GR Mk.V Liberators. You just won't get any decals, masks, or photetch. As a guide the 1/48 Crusader Overtrees were $34.95.

If you have a friend who also wants this kit it's time to have that conversation?

• Like 1

So, apart from the book, the numerous decal choices,the repoped B-24, the rockets, the armament, the new sprues,and Brassin, what has Eduard ever done for us?

(Sorry I couldn't help myself having a flashback to the Romans).

"Keep smiling while you still have teeth"

Cheers Rod

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1 March 2018 at 1:51 PM, Stephen said:

Eduard are doing Overtrees, you can buy the conversion parts separately if you already have a Hasegawa B-24 or buy both the kit and conversion parts.

Just ordered a set. Strangely they're listed for a GR.V or GR.VI not the Mk.III of the main kit

• Like 1

Ouch!!

I remember paying HALF that for the Eduard boxing of the (Academy-based) RAF Liberator MK.VI. That boxing also featured the Big Ed set and a bespoke decal sheet. 

Even with a premium for the resin conversion, someone's having a laugh somewhere.

Will

Edited by Killingholme
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Andy G said:

The main overtrees, i.e. not the conversion set, are showing as discontinued :-(

That's O.K.

I see some sellers on eBay offering the 1/72 kit for around $53 with free shipping from Japan. Decals included! However it looks like Eduard is boxing all the parts so you may make a B-24J. Interesting.

I think Eduard will try to pump out the conversion sprues to maximize their profits on those tools.

Either way the Rider's in the Sky kit is very expensive, but it's a unique subject. I may forgo buying a few Bf-109s, P-51s, and Focke Wulfs to get one of these kits. Eduard will be offering a Bunny Fighter Club version in April. There's time on the clock. 

• Like 1