1/72 - Consolidated B-24 Liberator GR.V "Coastal Command" & GR.Mk. VI/VIII "Riders in the sky" by Eduard (plastic Hasegawa) - released

Homebee

13 hours ago, gavingav said:

Anybody want a hasegawa B-24 for £38.95 with no import duties and free post, i have ordered and received two of these via amazon, now looking like bargin of the day --- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00187MR78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure how you know and or can be sure that you do not get caught for the VAT fees when the parcel enters the UK, unless you are sure that they will under value the parcel. However it is still quite a good deal without postage.

32 minutes ago, woody37 said:

Thanks. Order placed anda couple of the conversion sets on the way from Eduard, much cheaper :)

Woody did I miss something, the kit advertised is a J you need a D for the options that Eduard has done, or do you get al the correct clear sprues in the J kit or the conversion kit? i.e mainly the front end large clear frame nose?

Just wondering and curious?

Ali

1 hour ago, Ali62 said:

Not sure how you know and or can be sure that you do not get caught for the VAT fees when the parcel enters the UK, unless you are sure that they will under value the parcel. However it is still quite a good deal without postage.

Woody did I miss something, the kit advertised is a J you need a D for the options that Eduard has done, or do you get al the correct clear sprues in the J kit or the conversion kit? i.e mainly the front end large clear frame nose?

Just wondering and curious?

Ali

Don't think you do, but the conversion parts should fit any D kit and that looks like a good price for a j so happy!

1 hour ago, Ali62 said:

I have been ordering hasegawa kits from these guys for a couple of years, probably bought around 15 kits and never had one parcel stopped or had any extra charges, maybe it some kind of deal amazon have with the post office as there is no warning of any potential extra charges on amazon which you usually get with those import  customs situations .

Received the kit at the beginning of this week already, everything looks good.

The only halfway serious omission are under wing radar aerials ...

The book that is included  has some photos with these so I have no idea why they left them off.

I hope someone does a set for these ... maybe eduard sees this and produce one.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2018 at 7:26 PM, Phil Gollin said:

Does anyone have a link to the Eduard webpage with the English translation of the "Riders of the Skies" book ?

Thanks.

Bumping this up for you.

• Thanks 1

Regarding the underwing antennae,I believe that these were only used on the older radar fit on the GRIII,and only one GRIII option is given in the kit.That is a Australian aircraft,which does not appear to have the old radar fit.There are photographs of GRIIIs in the book,with the underwing antennae,but these are not offered as build options,so it seems that Eduard have left the antennae out for that reason,

Bill.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gruffy said:

Maybe worth Airfix doing their own version of the liberator!

Quite possible as it's one of their older subjects not yet re-tooled  BUT

There are many, many, variants (and there's even a book called 'The Consolidated Mess') depending on where the a/c was built.  So, without extensive break-down of the parts, it would difficult to give an adequate coverage.  For example, although termed B-25J, Ford built a/c had a special 'style' of nose and such machines were not supplied to the RAF.  This might not have mattered too much in the past, but Airfix certainly would not now tool a Ford built machine and issue it with RAF markings.

Others may be able to be more specific but hopefully explains the problem faced.

4 minutes ago, Denford said:

Quite possible as it's one of their older subjects not yet re-tooled  BUT

For example, although termed B-25J, Ford built a/c had a special 'style' of nose and such machines were not supplied to the RAF. 

Ford-built aircraft from Willow Run were B-24Hs. My great-uncle flew one.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2017 at 20:37, stevehnz said:

With a bit of luck it'll be too expensive, otherwise I might just HAVE to have one. :)

Steve.

No need to worry then Steve it's over the £100 mark here in the UK!

• 7 months later...