Prone Meteor

chrismac60

I've only found one image on t'interweb that shows the ailerons and they appear to be of the earlier type with one tab projecting beyond the trailing edge, as opposed to the later two-tab installation.  Interestingly WK991 was fitted with the later tabs.  Hopefully others will have more luck.

On 28 September 2016 at 9:31 PM, chrismac60 said:

Thanks guys. Tony first photo is good, but l really need one that looks down at the ailerons so l can see which ones they are. Thanks again

Chris

I'll have another dig through my references Chris and let you know if I find any OH shots of that region.

Tony

BTW, do you know for sure that the prone version DID actually have a different aileron-structure from the standard F8 on which it was based? I know it had an NF12 tail to counter-balance the nose, but haven't read any references to other significant airframe changes. Just a thought.

Baron - YES I DO. Thanks to the Meteor site on facebook I have a shot taken yesterday. She has the old style ailerone with one trim tab! Not as stated in many books and drawings! Thanks everyone, especially Tony, for your help. I am building the first conversion set in 1/48 for Brigade models to show at Telford.
Thanks
regards
Chris