Adolf Galland Me-262 paint scheme?

Kresho

Me-262 experts, I need help!

1/48 Tamiya model with some aftermarket detail set are on my desk and in a few days work on this beautifull plane will begin.

Again, I have problem with paint scheme. Can't find any photo of this particular aircraft, 'white 3'. I find some sideway profiles, 

but none from upper side. I even don't know if this aircraft had two shades of green or only one.

Any sugestion I will  appreciate, off course. Thank You all in advance!

Edited by Kresho
Title mistake

I've never seen a picture of 'white 3', it possible that Galland mentioned he flew and aircraft with that number on it, I can't remember if it is mentioned in his book though. If so, the profiles are probably just the artists guess on what they think the aircraft looked like. There are not many pictures of Jv 44 aircraft, I imagine their pilots were somewhat busy with other things at the time, so photography was not their first thought. I do remember that Galland said many of their aircraft were destroyed by them on the ground before capture though.

On 27.09.2016. at 5:39 PM, 303sqn said:

There is a photo on page 61 of 'Adolf Galland' Robert Michulec & Donald Caldwell, Mushroom Model Publications 2003. Described as typical RLM 82/83 uppersurfaces and RLM 76 undersurfaces.

Thank you for the information. I was unable to find a copy of the book, would it be too much of me to ask you to take a picture of the said photo? I would be most grateful if you could.

The book is still available from the publishers.

http://mmpbooks.biz/shop2/home.php?cat=254

There are second hand copies around but sometimes at very silly prices.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adolf-Galland-MMP-Robert-Michulec/dp/8391632741/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1475096555&sr=1-1&keywords=galland+mushroom

(Sorry, these have been seen before)

I don't have any photo's, but here's what I was able to come up with using Aeromaster's "Galland Special" set ...

image1_zpspsv5ronm.jpg

Image6_zps9glpyfuf.jpg

Colin

Edited by Tail-Dragon
  • Like 4

On 02.10.2016. at 3:15 AM, Tail-Dragon said:

(Sorry, these have been seen before)

I don't have any photo's, but here's what I was able to come up with using Aeromaster's "Galland Special" set ...

image1_zpspsv5ronm.jpg

Image6_zps9glpyfuf.jpg

Colin

Wow!

That's realy beautiful! I hope that my Messer will be close as is possible regarding overall quality of the model You represent here.

Thank's for this pictures, they will help a lot!

Hi!

I do not know how important is that to you, Kresho, but white 3 had not been Adolf Galland's regular mount. Years ago a friend of mine, an accomplished model builder, had been trawling the web for information about Franz Stiegler. He stumbled across the following webpage:

http://www.stormbirds.com/warbirds/pilot_stigler.htm

According to mentioned article, white 3 had actually been Siegler's plane. Nevertheless, Galland flew her occasionally and, at least for me, that settles the matter. Pozdrav

Jure

This one is on my list too. Jure is (AFAIK) correct. Galland did fly what was available. It is reportet that some 262s were better than others - White 3 was such a "hot rod".

Galland was shot down in another 262 with white chevrons. Eagle Cals have a decal sheet for this one in several scales : http://www.eagle-editions.com/eaglecals-127-32-me-262-a-1a.html I will use masks to save funds on my build (planned for the Me 262 STGB coming).

René

Thank You guys! So this will be Stigler - Galland Me 262! I must admit that i didn't know story about 'white 3'

because when i type Me 262 in google it mostly shows aircraft with this markings and Adolf Galland's name.

And most decals shows the same. Never mind, beautifull plane, great pilots - this is it.

Thank's to all of You for help. Now let's go to build something!