Yom Kippur opponents 2nd Edition...1/48 Su-7BMK vs. A-4E

Reini78

Because the MiG-21 is gonna be finished tomorrow, my dad starts with the Su-7 of the second Yom Kippur pair.

Using the Kopro edition of this kit with Linden Hill Decals to build an Iraqi fighterbomber.

DSC_0001_zpsrfuw79s9.jpg

DSC_0002_zpshvlsqkqw.jpg

And when the Mirage will be finally done, an A-4E Ayit will follow, using a Hasegawa kit with decals from Hobbycraft and Sky Decals

DSC_0003_zpslbbqjxkn.jpg

Edited by Reini78
  • Like 4

Slow progress with the beast, glued in the air intake cone, about 5mm more forward then it is shown in the instructions. According to the plan, the cockpit tub should be glued together with the backwall of the nose cone, but if you do so, the tip completely disappears in the fuselage after you apply the nosering, which would be wrong.

DSC_0001_zpspqi3h4bu.jpg

put some weight into the nose cone, added some more around the cockpit tub using lead paste by Uschi van der Rosten

DSC_0002_zpsnct8iqq5.jpg

there is a bigger gap between flaps and fuselage, so glued some plastic sheet onto the wing parts to close the gap

DSC_0003_zpsuibnkmaf.jpg

• Like 3

Big step to victory! :D fuselage closed, now filling, sanding, re-scribing

And as you can see, the air intake cone tip looks out as it should. 

DSC_0001_zpsak0hj0rm.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsv3q6hxoh.jpg

already made the position lights, they are gonna be painted together with the camo, afterwards washed off again

DSC_0003_zpshuwu9vxt.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aidy said:

Nice choice of subjects. After your struggle with the Su-7, the A-4E will be like a walk in the park.

hope so :)

as far as I´ve read the Skyhawks belong to Hasegawa´s top kits

impressive build so far!
but how come????! that is hardly possible no? is it really said to be or this kit? woldpack-d has a cockpit set also listed on their hompage.. but unavailable still.... maybe the seat only fits their cockpit!!

:huh:

maybe you should tell them!

Edited by exdraken

On 14.10.2016 at 9:34 PM, exdraken said:

impressive build so far!
but how come????! that is hardly possible no? is it really said to be or this kit? woldpack-d has a cockpit set also listed on their hompage.. but unavailable still.... maybe the seat only fits their cockpit!!

:huh:

maybe you should tell them!

yes, written on the package, for 1/48 Kopro kit....gonna keep the seat, maybe it fits in/for another model

15 hours ago, toniosky said:

Good work !

I had the same kind of issue with the resin seat provided in the special edition kit from Eduard.  I ended up lowering the cockpit floor and sanding down the seat a bit...

my dad´s gonna try out a resin seat from Pavla (not yet arrived), see how that one works..

the Pavla seat for the Su-7 arrived today, height is ok but this time the seat is too wide....either cut that one on the sides or the Wolfpack one at the bottom..

for comparison, kit seat, Pavla, Wolfpack

DSC_0001_zpsac7c2fcb.jpg

wow!

looking perfect!

colors are spot on I'd say!

where do you get  BluTac from? 

strange thing about the seats!

I would like to compare those to the Eduard offering! wonder if that one actually fits!

• Like 1