Bandai D-Squad Droids

Hi all,

I'm a long time reader but this is the first time I've uploaded any of my models. I'm a big fan of all the Star Wars canon and I was so taken with Andy Moore's U9-C4 that I decided to try my best to match his amazing standard and have a go at the same droid myself.  

I followed his build diligently and tried to use it as a tutorial to get used to these sic-fi kits (I usually make 1/700 scale ships...). 

The Bandai kit was so enjoyable that I decided to have a go at another of the droids from D-Squad. The green one, M5-BZ, was a bit more work, as I had to make his head from scratch. It was a bit tough as it's a really unusual shape...it's round at the base but changes to hexagonal at the top. It took many attempts with paper before I got the shape right. I managed to use the eyes and the base of the head from the R2 head, but the painting was a real challenge too...it took a lot of masking to get it look right.

Anyway, all credit to Andy for the original idea. Thanks for looking and I hope you like my little droids!

D-Squads_zpsrzdf4h08.jpg

C4s_zpsnruky4z8.jpg

BZs_zpskvtceyhe.jpg

M5-BZs_zpshn9bh730.jpg

C4atWorkS_zpsgrms8buj.jpg

• Like 16