Latest issue of SAM

Simon Cornes

Well, after finding fault with the December issue I have to say that, having just finished the January issue I have to say that, in my opinion, this one is very good! I haven't noticed any faux pas - but you may have! Anyway, I am happy to be even handed in my opinions about magazines so I am pleased to be able to be positive this month!!  Wondering if I need to buy a FLY Wessex now !! Very interesting article about Special Hobby and their relationship with CMK and MPM. All I need to know is the relationship between CMR and CMK - are they part of the same group as well? 

Simon

On 19/12/2016 at 7:06 PM, spaddad said:

You both get irony?

Irony?

"Its like Steely and Goldie, but made of iron!"

(Quote from Baldrick in Blackadder!)

Selwyn

(Unusually in a silly mood for once!)

Edited by Selwyn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

All I need to know is the relationship between CMR and CMK - are they part of the same group as well? 

Simon

No, as I understand it, CMR are stand alone (although they had a historical relationship, with each partner taking the Czech masters name when they split)

10 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

No, as I understand it, CMR are stand alone (although they had a historical relationship, with each partner taking the Czech masters name when they split)

Thanks Dave

Well, that's straightforward then!

Simon

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, Mick4350 said:

I like the idea of having decent reviews/previews  of model ships as they seem to be a poorly served section in modelling magazines that usually do stuff with aircraft.

Just bought the November edition of SAM to see it's quarterly section of Ship models and noticed that the same section is the November edition of Military Modelcraft International also word for word. Whilst supportive of the inclusion of the article on ships, I find the duplication in a sister magazine quite disappointing, especially in the same month !

Bad move Gary ( and David Grummitt ) as the duplication is highly annoying !

• Like 1