Tomcat's 10th Retirement Anniversary Celebration... of some sort.

Tyas

So I had this Hasegawa F-14B VF-11 Red Rippers kit since June, and up until 3 weeks ago the only thing I made was just the front and top fuselage and nose gear, while waiting for paint to come. Then I just remembered that this week marks the 10th anniversary of F-14 Tomcat's retirement, so I decided to kick everything up and started working again so I can have a photoshoot before the end of September. TBH decals are good in terms of solidity but hard to put down. Need dabs (Dabs? You sure that's not a douse?) of acetic acid since Mark Softener is hard to come by in my hometown. Paint is Tamiya's acrylic, and this is the first time I tried salt weathering, though not extensively since I'm still a newbie in this salt weathering business. Gotta say I'd give it a try again in the future.

As for the kits? Flash in many places, ejector pins in difficult places, frustrating fitting problems in many places, 12(!) exhaust petals to fit one-by-one, and fiddly cockpit to fit. I had a thought of retiring from making Hasegawa's F-14...
... But only for a second or two. To be honest I'm looking forward to snatch some more from my seller. Oh, and my Rippers 100 CAG is accompanied by F-14D Lions 213 Skipper Bird I made 2 years ago

P.S.: I lost the USS JOHN F KENNEDY decals on the wing glove. My room's carpet is an absolute hell hole for modelers.

29878906656_a06902e1a6_b.jpg

Sorry for the wheels, my cackhandedness seemed to ruin it :(

29830501941_67299f54fc_b.jpg

29800018242_9abde02c96_b.jpg

And here it is with VF-213 skipper, still my favourite scheme for F-14 of all time. Along with VF-2 farewell scheme and VF-14 Tophatters 80th Anniversary scheme (of which I can't find the kit anywhere D: )

29800035692_d9c07c950e_b.jpg

Feel free to criticise and comment, every helpful critics are very much welcomed ^^

• Like 9

19 hours ago, F-32 said:

You can never have too many Tomcat's!

Good work, thanks for sharing.

Yep. There is no such thing as too much Tomcats. If anything I already asked my friend who is currently in Japan if he can find me a Fujimi Tomcat kits, since it's almost impossible to find one here in Indonesia.

I'm prepared to receive 2 hours of complain from my brother who thinks I have too many F-14s :whistle: