1/72 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, Uncle Dick said:

Still quite a few differences between photo of real thing and resin mud guard unless there are variations in the real mud guards (different production batches?)

No central spine on upper half on real thing

No rectangular support latch plate on right hand side just below the lip on resin mud guard

Vents strakes are too narrow on resin mud guard - looks twice as wide on real thing

Asking a lot for such a small part, nothing that can't be added or removed... modellers preference at the end of the day.

The Armory stuff is nice, so I will get a set I think and work on what I get.

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, Uncle Dick said:

Still quite a few differences between photo of real thing and resin mud guard unless there are variations in the real mud guards (different production batches?)

No central spine on upper half on real thing

No rectangular support latch plate on right hand side just below the lip on resin mud guard

Vents strakes are too narrow on resin mud guard - looks twice as wide on real thing

Asking a lot for such a small part, nothing that can't be added or removed... modellers preference at the end of the day.

The Armory stuff is nice, so I will get a set I think and work on what I get.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, that was a loooong week! Apologies; the shipping of this item was delayed because Butthead here forgot to pay the pro-forma invoice -duh.

Armory%20Su-34%20Debris%20Guard%202.jpg

This is about as clear as I can get of the debris guard, showing the width of the strakes/louvres/whatever. They clearly lose some separation at the edges in comparison with Ken's photo; I imagine they would be impossibly fragile if they didn't, and I also imagine you could trim the corner bits out if you feel strongly about it. The rest: there is no latch plate under the step 'riser' on the right, however there is (although my photo helpfully obscures it) the extension bar on the front edge of the step -you can't see much of that in Ken's pic either! That is 'webbed' with resin like the step framework itself -gonna be fun hollowing that sucker out...probably better to leave it. Lastly, if it matters to you, the slits between the louvres are replicated on the wheel side of the guard -nice touch! Oh yeah -the holes in the sides are round instead of the sort of pear-shape in the real photo.

HTH, if a bit late in the day!

Edited by AngstROM

• 1 year later...

Hello,

everybody knows about the nose.
Now there are two aftermarket noses available - Quickboost and Amigo.
Anybody who knows which one is better in accuracy of shape and of fit ?

18 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

Hello,

everybody knows about the nose.
Now there are two aftermarket noses available - Quickboost and Amigo.
Anybody who knows which one is better in accuracy of shape and of fit ?

A russian friend send me an amigo sample, and the resin is nice , shape looks good, fit is very easy . I'm very confident with amigo product

My 2 cents

• Like 1

FWIW, I just scraped and sanded my nose radome to shape - (be careful not to go through the plastic)

No need for resin replacements...

Here it is next to my converted Su-27IB (Italeri Su-34 nose)....

su-34_084.jpg

As for the step on the anti-FOD guard - made from plastic rod....

su-34_081.jpg

There are a few other mods needed :- Blind flying curtains inside the cockpit, radiussed fillets between the wing tip L/E and the ESM pods (if fitted), and an APU exhaust outlet on top of tail boom.

Full build here :- http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/model_su-34_trumpeter.html

Ken

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So, as we promiced earlier - there is no big gap between big Su-34 decal and small Su-34 decal.

Today we release 72-067 Sukhoi Su-34 decal - same all known at nowdays Su-34s painting scheme and markings, including aircraft from Aviation Group of Russian Air Force in Syria - mission marks and slogans, which technicans and pilots signed on bombs.

Also we considered the last tendency in RuAF - made black outline on board numbers and change writing ВВС РОССИИ to ВКС РОССИИ

http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=179

72-067%20Su-34.jpg

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Eduard aftermarket items in box review: http://www.kfs-miniatures.com/1-72-su-34-dodatki-eduard/

Tempmodels - ref. no. 72341 POD Khibini for Su-34 - see FB announcement below
ref. no. 72346 Wheels set for Su-34 - https://tempmodels.ru/en/catalog/quick_view.php?ELEMENT_ID=430&SECTION_ID=28
ref. no. 72343 Correction set for Su-34 Trumpeter - https://tempmodels.ru/en/catalog/quick_view.php?ELEMENT_ID=411&SECTION_ID=28

• Like 3