E Type Jaguar 1/8 partwork - RESUMING

roymattblack

19 minutes ago, roymattblack said:

This is quite normal with a test run though.

It doesn't mean the kit has been dropped.

DeAg will be evaluating the sales, subscriptions and interest bearing in mind it was released in a limited area.

They'll then be calculating potential sales on a full release.

We just have to hope there were enough people who jumped in with the test for them to feel it worth going ahead.

Roy.

Lets hope so Roy.

On another note can the Revell 1/8 E-Type be built into a decent representation with a little detailing?

Best regards 

Keith

46 minutes ago, roymattblack said:

Have you seen my Cunningham conversion of the kit:

I turned it into a roadster, but the coupe can be built to a really good standard with a few extra details.

Roy.

Very nice Roy, I think I may have to source a coupe kit whilst Deagostini decide if they will continue this part work.

I see you have some resin parts available on your website for 1/8 Jaguars, are these designed for the Revell kits?

is there a definitive list of "fixes" for the Revell coupe kit?

Best Regards

Keith.

On 18/10/2016 at 8:26 AM, roymattblack said:

The firewall mod was across the width at the screen end, and down the sides about half way.

Roy.

I'll have to dig mine out and have a look.  I put it on the back burner because of the fit issue.

On 19/10/2016 at 3:05 PM, Mpfiend said:

Lets hope so Roy.

On another note can the Revell 1/8 E-Type be built into a decent representation with a little detailing?

Best regards 

Keith

I also had an issue with the bonnet of that not fitting too.   I don't know if I'd done something wrong building the engine but those small tubes at the front which the bonnet fits onto aren't exactly a sturdy fit.

On 17/10/2016 at 2:56 PM, Triple Valve said:

Mine arrived this morning.

Cannot comment on the engine size but I hope Roy can confirm his initial views.

I do not quite get the reason for the camshafts ....... these are used to hold the covers on.

camshafts

Would not be that easy to remove if required.

Good paint finish on the bonnet. The grills are "see through" and there are fixing points for the air ducting and bonnet sides etc.

Quite large sink marks on the underside though.

Steve.S

Just to add that issue 4 has a wire wheel building jig with what looks like 48 spokes.

Should give the eyesight a test or two!!

Oh god couldn't they have supplied the wheels ready made.   Sounds like a nightmare with all those spokes (if we ever see this of course).

I received issues two and three today with the operating manual, in the post from De Ag. (I had bought issue one from the newsagent).

The paperwork says that my card will be debited for the two issues sent.

After my 'agonizing' as to whether or not to subscribe, it's a little frustrating to know that this is not going to go ahead

until ..........?????? or if ever :(.

That's a bit of an urban myth.

In the world of partworks, they always complete.

It's only the test-phase (first 4-5 issues) that is the doubtful part. After the test, there is often a delay while the kit is evaluated to decide whether to go ahead or not.

If it's a 'no', the company will refund your test parts if you ask them, or if you subscribed, you won't get charged at all.

I'm not actually aware of any partwork that got half way through (for example) and then just stopped.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1

I am not aware of any part works stopping completely but they have gotten massively delayed mid way through. In the US we have been waiting over 6 months for pack 19 of the countach. There was some production issue and it has delayed the last 1/4 of the kit from getting shipped. Frankly it has super frustrating. The parts will ship eventually however

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:00 AM, Mpfiend said:

The first seat part, I'm not sure about this, as it looks quite lumpy and the stitching is not the best, I'm also not sure if it is actually real leather or not, although it is difficult to tell through the blister packaging. If this is to sit in a seat frame it may well take a better shape, time will tell.

Keith.

Looking on the De Ag forum it appears that the seat leather is going to be changed for the final run out,

but the undersized cam covers will remain the same size.

2 hours ago, elderly said:

Looking on the De Ag forum it appears that the seat leather is going to be changed for the final run out,

but the undersized cam covers will remain the same size.

Yes, I saw that. 

Its still not certain it will roll out as a full release though, judging by the comments on that site.

Regards

Keith.

On a similar note.  Has anyone got the Autoart 1/18th scale E Type?   It's very nice in some ways.  Nice details and paintjob but it also has the new trend of not doing the wire wheels in chrome which would look much better.   The wires don't look too bad but they've painted the rim too dull a silver.  Plus the tyres are too small and it just doesn't have the correct stance of the E Type.    The suspension makes the body too high.

• 4 weeks later...

You won't be charged anything for any of the issues you've been sent.

As it was a 'test' run, DeAg don't ever charge for those issues. Actually, Eaglemoss don't either, as anyone who subscribed to the DeLorean last year will know.

I received the first 5 issues - no charge.

I'd like to sign up to that one as it's just been announced as a full run from now-ish, but there's talk that it's a SECOND test!

If it's still running at issue 15-20 some time next Feb, I'll jump in.

The E Type is looking a bit iffy at the moment.

It's now common knowledge the seat material isn't proper leather as claimed, and that will need to be addressed.

It seems to be a kind of 'split' leather, which is leather bits stuck to a fabric or glue backing to create bigger pieces. Common in the hand bag industry.

Also, the engine is absolutely MILES out in almost every dimension.

A real shame as this part work has the makings of a stunning model.

I've also now received parts 3-4 and I noticed on the back of each magazine, it tells you what is coming next.

NOT on mag 4... It tells you what's in that mag. Not a good sign.

If it does go ahead, I'll be binning a good few parts of the engine - if they don't sort it.
Mind you, fixing the undersize engine is unlikely at this stage, as most of the kit has gone through design etc and to re-do the engine would also alter a lot of other parts.

I still have my fingers crossed though - I'd love this one to work out.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:03 AM, SeaVenom said:

On a similar note.  Has anyone got the Autoart 1/18th scale E Type?   It's very nice in some ways.  Nice details and paintjob but it also has the new trend of not doing the wire wheels in chrome which would look much better.   The wires don't look too bad but they've painted the rim too dull a silver.  Plus the tyres are too small and it just doesn't have the correct stance of the E Type.    The suspension makes the body too high.

I agree about the tyres and the stance (the latter being correctable?) but I believe that the wheels as standard on the Series1 were stoved aluminium,   chrome being a special order.

I was tempted by the Autoart coupe but imo they are/were too expensive.

Edited by elderly

I think the DeAg kit is going to be brilliant for modellers.

Some will build it 'as-is' - and get a great result.

Some will 'tweak' it and get and awesome model.

I think most here fall into the second category and I'm looking forward to seeing a LOT of build threads for this one... (Mine will be primrose yellow)

Roy.

On 26/11/2016 at 0:13 PM, elderly said:

I agree about the tyres and the stance (the latter being correctable?) but I believe that the wheels as standard on the Series1 were stoved aluminium,   chrome being a special order.

I was tempted by the Autoart coupe but imo they are/were too expensive.

They are quite expensive yes but they're still nice despite the problems I mentioned.  

• 2 months later...

The E Type partwork is resuming at the end of Feb.

Had an email today.

OUCH!!!

It will be three partworks on the go at once!

Shelby Mustang

BTTF DeLorean

E Type Jaguar.

PLEASE - DON'T let them release the huge Thunderbird 2 model yet!!!

Roy.

• Like 2

Blimey, three? How much is that a week? On the bright side, once you've got all three finally delivered it will help sort out cash for the house extension for housing theTB2 and hangar part works ! !

Yes - a studio-scale model about 25" long.

It also comes with just about every rescue vehicle ever used, FAB 1, TB4, and two pods.

Electrically working legs, lighting, goodness knows what else.

It's been out in Japan for around a year and due here this year...

Here's a link to a build diary, and the Japanese website

Eat your heart out...

http://forum.model-space.co.uk/default.aspx?g=posts&t=19522

http://deagostini.jp/tbk/#sidemenu

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1