`Rochdale & District 2`,..1/72nd KP Spitfire Mk.IIb, 616 Sqn, Kirton in Lindsey, 1941,

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

I have the (mis) fortune to live near to Rochdale in Lancashire and on a recent visit to the Town Hall I noticed that the borough presented a number of Spitfire`s to the RAF and one of these was `Rochdale & District 2' which appears on the decal sheet of the new KP Spitfire Mk.IIb kit. At the time it was serving with 616 Sqn at Kirton in Lindsey and this is how it is portrayed here;

DSCF8745_zpssveyfwnm.jpg

DSCF8748_zpsljr7ulfe.jpg

DSCF8750_zpsf5opaqds.jpg

DSCF8749_zpsexuwewg0.jpg

DSCF8747_zpsmglwgpyi.jpg

DSCF8777_zpspdknyyz3.jpg

DSCF8764_zpsvofh1h8p.jpg

DSCF8769_zpshsfwexbv.jpg

DSCF8773_zpshzkyt2vy.jpg

DSCF8768_zpsakt2h14r.jpg

DSCF8767_zpsacknp8xw.jpg

As usual the model was brush painted, using Polly Scale acrylics in this case and it comes very highly recommended.

Thanks to my friend Petr in the Czech Republic for sending me the kit,.....it is very nice and I have since bought a few more!!

Cheers

Tony

Edit,....this is the box art;

964327-16303-68-pristine.jpg

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 21

Hello,Tony - Here's another superb build.Your 'Spitfire' displays your hallmark skills and subject interest.I have a soft spot for Kirton-in-Lindsey.In my sales days, I worked for a company based there.The airfield infrastructure is still intact and in use today.

"Fine Fettling,My Friend!" :goodjob: All the very best,Paul.

Hello,Tony - Here's another superb build.Your 'Spitfire' displays your hallmark skills and subject interest.I have a soft spot for Kirton-in-Lindsey.In my sales days, I worked for a company based there.The airfield infrastructure is still intact and in use today.

"Fine Fettling,My Friend!" :goodjob: All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

A very good-looking Spitfire! I really like how you've indigated the panel joints on the markings – does wonder for the realism!

I'm a bit skeptical regarding those spots of bare metal chafing on an otherwise clean looking machine (especially on the stabiliser L/E), but, "de gustibus" and so on… ;-)

Slick modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Hello,Tony - My earlier reply wasn't to be doubly sure you received it but the cause (not me this time:blush:!) was as a result of the Forum hacking issue affecting part of the system.I reported the problem and Mike very kindly rectified the matter.:clap2:As always,Paul.

• Like 1

That's a great little Spit Tony and I like the local connection to you,I,ve just been spurred on to google similar aircraft and found that Gateshead and 

the Durham Miner's presented Spitfire's so I,ll be digging deeper! Thank's for the inspiration.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Cheers Michael and Steve,......Steve, there is an excellent decal sheet featuring presentation Spitfires from Authentic Decals,.....but don`t know if it has the one that you want? Hopefully my lad will be going to Durham University next year so we should be regular visitors up there,....fingers crossed. There is also a fantastic book from Air Britain about presentation Spits too,....here is part of the decal instructions;

AD7255_2.jpg

• Like 1

Thank's Tony,there's a photo of one of Gateshead's spitfire's at Sunderland's air Museum with the early flat hood but no codes,hope he makes it

to Durham,excellent Uni and I know I,m biased but a beautiful little city to be in especially for the student's.

• Like 1