Airfix Me 262 A-1a Schwalbe 1/72 Released - New Boxing Me 262B-1a released

sofiane1718

Like Meatbox, when they said a big announcement, I too thought 1/24th.

Ā 

Shame as my eyes won't let me go as small as 1/72. Even 1/48 seems to be pushing it.

Ā 

Look forward to further announcements.

Ā 

graham

I'm looking forward to it, evenĀ though it wouldn't Ā normally be my thingĀ . Ā I don't know what it is about Airfix these days but everything they bring out I end up buying. Ā They might as well have a standing order straight from my bank account. Ā Very few other manufacturers seem to get a share of my modelling pound...

Ā 

Can't wait for news about the other releases!

• Like 1

Safe bet I suppose, but let's hope the other 2017 releases will fill in some actual gaps in what's available already. More Beaufighter and Kate-like releases!

Safe bet I suppose, but let's hope the other 2017 releases will fill in some actual gaps in what's available already. More Beaufighter and Kate-like releases!

I was in the RAF museum at Hendon about 3 weeks ago and two chaps appeared to be measuring/examining the wheel bays of the 262 in the Entrance Hall. Ā It makes sense now

I was in the RAF museum at Hendon about 3 weeks ago and two chaps appeared to be measuring/examining the wheel bays of the 262 in the Entrance Hall. Ā It makes sense now

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'd have preferred to see the twin-gun Sturmvogel fighter-bomber.....There don't seem to be any 1/72 kits of that version.Ā  :rolleyes:

Hasgawa kit has seperate nose panels for A1 and A2 gun layout.

Been asking for a new 262 from Airfix for several years, I'm a happy bunny! Just last week on their Aerodrome blog they told the story of a ditched Catalina being bounced by two JG7 262's and I asked them if that means a new Dogfight Double kit, looks like it's possible now! Wonder if a new Cat is coming? Don't know if the current mould is knackered yet.

My fave boxart is the old 262/Mosie kit.

Wondering also if they'll do a basic kit and more advanced one with more weapons/drop tanks/ assisted take off rockets etc? The CAD seems to have the underside fittings for the RATO packs.

Ā 

Paul Harrison

Late war stuff is not usually my thing, but I'll be in for one of these. It was a historically significant type and the old tooling wasĀ :deadhorse:

I wonder if there will be a new Mosquito to go with it for a new Dogfight Double set?

Ā 

Cheers,

Ā 

Stew

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, arbrownra said:

I'm looking forward to it, evenĀ though it wouldn't Ā normally be my thingĀ . Ā I don't know what it is about Airfix these days but everything they bring out I end up buying. Ā They might as well have a standing order straight from my bank account. Ā Very few other manufacturers seem to get a share of my modelling pound...

Ā 

Can't wait for news about the other releases!

Ā 

Pretty much the same here.