1/144 Skyline Boeing 737-300 Southwest Airlines

Lex77

My entry for this GB will be the Skyline Boeing 737-300.

It will be in Southwest colours but the decals haven't arrived yet.

The box;

DSC_7558_zpso7eyihqa.jpg

Sprues;

DSC_7559_zpsl2okyfqn.jpg

DSC_7560_zpsjiquz1ji.jpg

DSC_7561_zpsolnwpivs.jpg

And the book;

DSC_7562_zps5gg33yye.jpg

Hope to get this one started this weekend.

• Like 4

Decals arrived today.

20161001_210504_zpsfrqiffx3.jpg

They look pretty good but no colour numbers, RAL or FS numbers. Anyone who can help me with that?

Edited by Lex77
broken link repaired
  • Like 3

Lex,

The main colours of the general Southwest scheme for that time period are quoted as Desert Gold, Red and Orange. Lone Star One obviously has the blue in the scheme as well.

Unfortunately the colour guides for Jet Decals are not the best , I have a couple of their sheets as well and it seems you need to guess the colours required.

The Airfix 737-200 was released in the base Southwest scheme, they suggest Humbrol colours; 19 for the red, 18 for the orange and a mix of 9 (tan) and 22 (gloss white) for the Gold. Since there is no blue in the decals you could get away with any dark blue.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've built a couple of these and you are doing a lovely job of it, if you read this in time double check the engine fit to the pylon before you paint anymore, it's the only other area I have ever had to put in filler (first time you may have guessed I found out after painting which was a pain).

looking forward to seeing it continue

all the best

Graham

• Like 1

I'm generally a "stick it together and mask it" builder but I've built several Daco 737s and always paint the engines separately.  At worst you might have to do a little touching up but painting the engines separately is perfectly feasible.

• Like 1