whiskey

Alright gents, 

So I'm going to go ahead and throw my hat into it (or try at least). I am only ever able to put a model together when the stars have aligned just right, and I guess the galaxy has done me a favor for once. I finally finished putting my office/ hobby room together the other day and aside from some necessary equipment for my airbrush, I'm going to build me a model dangit. Anyway I had a choice of either a -T, -J, -W, -F, or even a -G( Cobra Company kit), and alas I am going to try my hand at the -F. Although now that I think about it the -G probably would have been a lot easier as all it is is the resin conversion kit and OOB basically. On to the build!

I'm using the Monogram kit for starters plus:

- Werner's Wing's decals, TOW's, Cobra update set, M-260 Seven Shot Rocket Pods, and IPS & Debris Deflector

- Fireball Modelworks ALQ-144 IR jammer

- Master Model M197 20mm barrels

- Wingman Models "Tzefa" update set (Not building a Tzefa, just want some of the parts off it)

- Trying my hand at some scratch building as well, especially in the cockpit area

Here we are with a little overview. I have not done much except for some sanding and cutting out the plastic mesh, etc. No construction or painting as of yet.

IMG_1373.jpg

Next are just some close up of the minor minor work I have done

IMG_1374.jpgIMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1375.jpgIMG_1377.jpg

One thing I have noticed for sure is that with the newer reboxing of this venerable old kit she is definitely starting to show her age in the molding. There are a lot of parts that have just poor corners and flash everywhere. Good thing you can still pick up original boxings of it for pretty cheap prices.

And alas here is an example of what the final product should look like, not this exact one, but the same Squadron.

AH1-93h.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks all. Project is a small delay due to me trying to figure out this new compressor I bought, the compressor has NPT fittings but my hose and brush are BSP, and its cheaper to get an adapter than a new hose so I'm waiting for that to come in the mail.

1 hour ago, whiskey said:

Thanks all. Project is a small delay due to me trying to figure out this new compressor I bought, the compressor has NPT fittings but my hose and brush are BSP, and its cheaper to get an adapter than a new hose so I'm waiting for that to come in the mail.

Hmmmm, that seems an unusual blend of threads there. Normally all pipe connections are bsp, 1/8, I know mine is.

Mind you it doesn't help when the airbrush connectors are metric threads.

Npt is an American standard, as far as I know.  I turn my own adapters at work, and my setup is a mish mash of parts.

Good luck with it.

On 9/24/2016 at 1:37 PM, S5 modeller said:

Hmmmm, that seems an unusual blend of threads there. Normally all pipe connections are bsp, 1/8, I know mine is.

Mind you it doesn't help when the airbrush connectors are metric threads.

Npt is an American standard, as far as I know.  I turn my own adapters at work, and my setup is a mish mash of parts.

Good luck with it.

I'm an American, in America lol.