News about White Ensign Models 1/700 kits

I am very excited to be able to say that with the generosity of Peter Hall, the range of White Ensign Models 1/700 resin kits will be released under the Atlantic Models label by Starling Models.

This will include a number of kits that did not see the light of day before the demise of WEM as well as the reintroduction of some favourites.  Some of these will be quite a surprise I think.

Clearly there is a lot of work to be done to get this large range back in production, but a target of Christmas for the first release will be set and hopefully there will be a gradual process of releases next year.

It might of course help to prioritise the list if you let me know what you would like to see reissued, Peter will continue with releasing the 1/350 range so between us hopefully these fine kits will be available again.

Mike

• Like 3

Mike

I am not a ship modeller but really pleased to see this as I heard so many good things about WEM.  All the best and good news methinks for ship modellers all round.

Now why cant anyone do a 1/72 Tribal Class as that is what a destroyer really does look like.   Say "destroyer" and I get a mental picture of HMS Cossack  I could be persuaded to join the navy lark on that one very easily.  (That's a hint/plea/desperate missive)

More news on the forthcoming kits, they will be produced by Starling Models under the Atlantic Models label, included will be some re-releases and some which were not released before White Ensign Models went out of business.  There are also a number of other surprises coming.

The list so far to be released includes all in 1/700 -

HMS Venus - V class emergency war destroyer

HMS Scorpion - S class emergency war destroyer

HMS London - Country class cruiser

HMS Calcutta - C class cruiser

HMS Coventry - C class cruiser

HMS Grey Goose - Steam gunboat

The Round Table class trawler will also be re-released.

There is no scheduled release date at present, most likely the first will be in early 2017 once the Starling Models Algerine class kits are out.

More information as things develop.

Mike

Edited by Mike McCabe
  • Like 1